Big Youtubers make me feel HOPELESS

KWKBOX

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Actually I have the complete opposite of the feeling. There are so many large youtubers that I feel have very low quality content or started with good/average content and now just crank out complete garbage and still get lots of views due to the fanbase being large enough. This reassures me that if creators of this level can be big so can I. Always remember there are billions of viewers on youtube and you only need a small fraction of that to have a successful channel. If you think about it you have a larger audience to get viewers from than local TV stations do and if they can survive so can you just keep on chugging along.

Andrew Zenpachi

Reaction score
Don't let anything stop you, keep doing your thing and if it's gonna work out then it will

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Big YouTubers have a HUGE network of friends and fellow YouTubers. So they end up doing collabs left and right because they have the opportunity to. For smaller YouTubers that is going to be harder due to the lack of that same size network. You'll find someone to do a collab with in the future I am sure. Just be patient. Those big YouTubers didn't get big overnight either. (at least, most of em didn't).

EmilyJM

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'd love to make collabs with people in person. Thats like my dream goal for now. Making collabs in general however is also awesome and I don't do it as much as I should :')

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A bit dramatic, But..
Watching these big youtubers having fun, being themselves, doing collabs.. Makes me wonder why I'm even doing videos?
I mean.. I don't want to become as big as, say, Zoella, Pewdiepie or Marzia, Nothing like that.. But I think 'How could I bring the same kind of entertainment and enjoyment as they do?'

.. Again, Collabs, I love watching collabs, But generally, I have to at least know of both of the youtubers, or at LEAST one of them, So.. I wonder when I could do a fun, entertaining collab.. If ever?

Do you SEE my predicament??
Probably late on this threat, but why don't you do collabs with youtubers who have the same number of subs/viewers are you?
just keep doing what you enjoy and the views will come

Reactions: AmberAndGolden

dina

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i totally understand what you saying, but remember they also started from somewhere just like you and I, i am pretty sure they were probably thinking the same thing while they had small subscribers as well. we are definitely gonna get there one step at a time, we got this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tonyphan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
A bit dramatic, But..
Watching these big youtubers having fun, being themselves, doing collabs.. Makes me wonder why I'm even doing videos?
I mean.. I don't want to become as big as, say, Zoella, Pewdiepie or Marzia, Nothing like that.. But I think 'How could I bring the same kind of entertainment and enjoyment as they do?'

.. Again, Collabs, I love watching collabs, But generally, I have to at least know of both of the youtubers, or at LEAST one of them, So.. I wonder when I could do a fun, entertaining collab.. If ever?

Do you SEE my predicament??
I understand your point of view because I myself is also a small youtuber looking up to the big names out there. However, at one point, I realize that if I am doing that, trying to compare myself & just do things as they do, I will never be them. Instead I am being myself, comfortable and doing my videos in my own way. I remove the pressure on myself by stop comparing me with the others, stop doing things that they have already done and things got more positive in my head. My purpose is not about getting views, subscribers, comments anymore, my purpose is now doing what I like and get it on Youtube as much as possible.

Somehow that affects my performance too. Before I was really stressful about number of views, subs, how to promote my channel and I got 2 or 3 subs, views are always less than 20. But now it's increasing, also the views is getting up.

My advice is that dont put too much pressure on yourself. Just let it grow naturally, when you are big enough, collab will surely come!

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
To be honest, I really don't watch 'big' YouTubers. Like you say, many of them are 'fake'.

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I do wonder how many of the collabs on these forums (that collab section) actually do pan out? There's enough topics to help tons of small tubers assuming they actually happened.

Try pulling your friends into it, even if it's small cameos. If your channel is a one gal show, usually having a random someone else appear in one of your videos can spark something new to the channel, even if its a rare occurrence.