Big toy channels may be suffering with lower views.

hifriends

Reaction score
That silly algorithm and it's changes.
I noticed many channels my kids watch aren't getting good views on their latest videos. And today Fizzy Family Vlog mentioned she doesn't know what's up with all the new videos bombing on her main channel which did 60M last month. Though these channels have so many videos they are still making lots of money.

Maybe there is so much competition these days and that's why some aren't growing like they used too.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That silly algorithm and it's changes.
I noticed many channels my kids watch aren't getting good views on their latest videos. And today Fizzy Family Vlog mentioned she doesn't know what's up with all the new videos bombing on her main channel which did 60M last month. Though these channels have so many videos they are still making lots of money.

Maybe there is so much competition these days and that's why some aren't growing like they used too.
Yea I have noticed that too.. but I think like you said a lot of them have older videos that are keeping the afloat.

Reactions: hifriends

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A number of factors play into it. US summer is over. Natural disasters that potentially cut off whole states.

Also video topic saturation. How many places can you really tape your kids? And how many places can be flooded with lava? And how many kinder surprise eggs can you crack open? Thousands, hundreds of thousands, then it gets boring...

The revenue drops with the adpocalypse - one way to counter the effects is to make more videos. When the price drops, to make previous revenue levels, you have to dump more products at lower price into the market. Economic 101. If before 1M views made $1000, and now it makes $300 (taking into effect 10-30% of inventory doesn't run ads due to non advertiser friendly), to make that shortfall I have to release much more videos. The result is market saturation as everyone release more videos to make up for falling revenue.

Plus, the more exposure in mainstream media there is of "millionaire Ytbers" and the "Ytuber lifestyle" the more entrants there are. Just the other day there was a survey of what's the top job that kids in Australia want - the answer is to be a Ytuber.

Since kids at at our kids school are becoming aware we have a channel, many of her friends have opened channels. By rough estimates, about 20 new channels have been opened this year in kids toys as a result of what other kids see us do. Most in the 2nd grade my daughter is in, and some in prep for the younger one. Now take 1,000,000 kids toys youtube channels around the planet, and 10-30 of their friends open channels too, that's 10 - 30,000,000 new channels opened. Utter saturation. Sure, 99% of them will fail, but still.

So, views are down for many on recent videos, us included. But views are way way up for some, those who I call the A-list. They're the Steven Spielberg of video production. The B-listers (I consider about 100k-900k subs) are managing but concerned. A strong inventory cushions the blow. But that will not last forever. The C-list (below 100k), I see many struggling. We have 1 channel in that range, not very good. The D-list (under 1k), I would say forget it almost. We have 1 channel there, it's impossible without traffic redirection. Going is hard. It's only going to get harder.

Peace out :unsure:

Sk Jony

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I heard that, after September YouTube views goes down. Because, most of visitors busy their vacation or other personal activity.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So true! Even though we are just a flea on a dog, some of my boys' friends want to start a channel after seeing ours.

For us though, we have cut our video postings down again. We do only two per week. For us being so small it seems to be a waste of a lot of time to produce 3-4 videos per week. We have actually seen more views since we have done so.. only our new videos right now seem to be keeping us afloat.

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yup, views are sucking wind! I don't have realistic expectations of it recovering anytime soon but I have some projects coming that I hope help prop up the channel. I have other channels I'm working on as well.

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I know what you talking about.My channel hit the bottom in August-September and I took time to recover with less publishing per week. Market is overflown with new channel in my field too. Anyway I am looking forward to recover this month or see some changes with new algorithm set ups in January .[DOUBLEPOST=1507147578,1507147439][/DOUBLEPOST]
A number of factors play into it. US summer is over. Natural disasters that potentially cut off whole states.

Also video topic saturation. How many places can you really tape your kids? And how many places can be flooded with lava? And how many kinder surprise eggs can you crack open? Thousands, hundreds of thousands, then it gets boring...

The revenue drops with the adpocalypse - one way to counter the effects is to make more videos. When the price drops, to make previous revenue levels, you have to dump more products at lower price into the market. Economic 101. If before 1M views made $1000, and now it makes $300 (taking into effect 10-30% of inventory doesn't run ads due to non advertiser friendly), to make that shortfall I have to release much more videos. The result is market saturation as everyone release more videos to make up for falling revenue.

Plus, the more exposure in mainstream media there is of "millionaire Ytbers" and the "Ytuber lifestyle" the more entrants there are. Just the other day there was a survey of what's the top job that kids in Australia want - the answer is to be a Ytuber.

Since kids at at our kids school are becoming aware we have a channel, many of her friends have opened channels. By rough estimates, about 20 new channels have been opened this year in kids toys as a result of what other kids see us do. Most in the 2nd grade my daughter is in, and some in prep for the younger one. Now take 1,000,000 kids toys youtube channels around the planet, and 10-30 of their friends open channels too, that's 10 - 30,000,000 new channels opened. Utter saturation. Sure, 99% of them will fail, but still.

So, views are down for many on recent videos, us included. But views are way way up for some, those who I call the A-list. They're the Steven Spielberg of video production. The B-listers (I consider about 100k-900k subs) are managing but concerned. A strong inventory cushions the blow. But that will not last forever. The C-list (below 100k), I see many struggling. We have 1 channel in that range, not very good. The D-list (under 1k), I would say forget it almost. We have 1 channel there, it's impossible without traffic redirection. Going is hard. It's only going to get harder.

Peace out :unsure:
Well, I hope my C-list channel will make it through this crazy time. So far it feels like I am on IV in the hospital in critical condition :0

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Sort of related, on the kids TV shows front, nothing has changed. Views are the same. Of course the change to a new quarter hit revenue. One thing I've noticed different is that my peak time of the day used to be 9 AM Pacific Time during the summer and now that school started it has consistently been 4 PM.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Reading everyone's posts in this thread, it sounds like maybe an algorithm change rather than just the genre being saturated. It just seems unusual that a whole genre seems to have been hit, including even some of the very big channels.