BIG NEWS!!!! YAY! :)

JTAphotographs

Ask me anything. ANYTHING! o_O
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist
I've been emailing Jagex recently so that I can gain permission from them that will allow me to monetize any videos on youtube containing footage from their game; Runescape.

Here was their response:

Hi,
You are more than welcome to use RuneScape content to monetise your videos on YouTube. We think this is an excellent way for our community to enjoy RuneScape and the many activities that surround it even more. Make sure you have subscribed to our YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/runescape) so we can see some of the cool videos you are making as we are always interested to see what our players are doing. Best of luck with your video making.
Kind regards,
Mod Ben W
Copyright and Intellectual Property
Jagex Games Studio

You can imagine my reaction :O :) :D

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thats good news, I would ask them to clarify their permission on what you can use, maybe ask them if can assure you that its fine to use gameplay footage and audio/music within the videos from the games, I can imagine YouTube still being picky over it. Good news any way!

Reactions: zzTIMEWELLSPENTzz

JTAphotographs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Thats good news, I would ask them to clarify their permission on what you can use, maybe ask them if can assure you that its fine to use gameplay footage and audio/music within the videos from the games, I can imagine YouTube still being picky over it. Good news any way!
Thanks for the advice :) I'm currently waiting for the reply on disputing the claims on a few of my videos. If it works as of now with that email then I'm sure it'll be fine, if not, I guess Ill just have to ask for more clarification :/

Reactions: Michael

JTAphotographs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Just updating the news on the forum... YOUTUBE ACCEPTED MY REQUEST WITH THE PERMISSION FROM JAGEZ!!! :D from now on, all my Runescape videos you see will have monetization!! Yay!!