Big Channels which have millions of views removed.

Apples008

Reaction score
I have seen a trend on some very large channels (1million+ subs) where there have hundred of millions of views removed.
When I say large I mean 200-300 million views. I have seen these type of stats on SocialBlade.

My question is are some of these large channels buying millions of views and having them taken away by Youtube? I also noticed in most cases these large channels are still monetised. Some of these channels are from Russia and Vietnam.

Would these large channels be given a strike for 1 month, no adsense for 1 month? Or is it simply the Algorithm removing invalid views and nothing to do with channels buying views.

Reactions: videoeditgr

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There are many possible reasons. They may have decided to make a video private or unlisted or they may have had questionable content and wanted to avoid YT shutting down the entire channel.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
There are many possible reasons. They may have decided to make a video private or unlisted or they may have had questionable content and wanted to avoid YT shutting down the entire channel.
This!

just Moto

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Either a video take down occurred or the owner has made the video offline due to it being demonetized

Reactions: Apples008

Apples008

Reaction score
I have seen a trick some channels use to gain subs which is to create a viral video with click bait, copyrighted material, gain millions of views and subs then delete it when it comes to monetisation.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I am not sure if this is the case but,
Youtube all those years proudly announced
how many videos and time of footage is uploaded per hour.
Guess this has it's cost.
Now that there is so much offer for videos
and every topic is from covered to flooded with videos from many sources,
many of them can be removed as duplicates, and even worse
if advertisers wish a more "clean" environment to put their ads (money).

The truth is that there is a lot of misleading info and trash in Youtube.