Big Advertisers Leaving YouTube/Google

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I agree its a weird time right now for YouTube. Google/YouTube is so huge that they can't catch everything negative in their net that filters out negative/hateful videos. YouTube relies HEAVILY on viewer input. And since many videos might be seen as racist or offensive by the community they might be flagged. As long as small content creators aren't trying to be hateful in their videos we should be fine, as once Google revises their revenue system companies should feel more secure about putting their ads on YouTube. It's too big not to consider for advertisement, there are 4,950,000,000 DAILY. Google is working very hard to revamp their system. Just wait it out, we should be fine. :)

winson yuen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you guys. I feel a lot better now knowing that there is hope for us small creators! LONG LIVE YOUTUBE

SteveP

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For the first time since this was announced, I've seen a hit to my channel. At first I thought we were lucky and wouldn't be affected since we weren't competing for top tier ads like ya boy, Ethan over at H3H3. But after looking today I see our views and watch time are up but revenue is in a downfall.

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
For the first time since this was announced, I've seen a hit to my channel. At first I thought we were lucky and wouldn't be affected since we weren't competing for top tier ads like ya boy, Ethan over at H3H3. But after looking today I see our views and watch time are up but revenue is in a downfall.
This is normal for April in comparison with March. We actually have lower traffic but higher revenue in comparison with April 2016.
I think the leaving big companies will hit mainly some of the big channels.

Reactions: Crown

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
April is supposed to be on the low side. Revenue should pickup in a few weeks as companies launch advertising campaigns for the Us summer - think of all the summer toys, pools, beaches, parties, movies, kids activities. June/July is second only to the few weeks leading up to December. Best to start positioning with videos now to take advantage with a fun, happy, trendy inventory for June/July.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I agree April is always a bad month as it is the first month of a new quarter.

The biggest risk is that during the boycot of YouTube by the big advertisers is that they find better online alternatives and decide not to come back. I don't know how many of you have actually used/tested adwords for video for promoting products and services and actually tracking the click throughs and conversions. I have and let's just say it doesn't perform particularly well compared to other online advertising. If some of the big players catch on to that fact during their time away from YT, then it could be pretty serious.

Reactions: chottom

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YouTube looks to be introducing a minimum of 10k views on a channel before monetisation becomes available. Check out the YouTube Creator Blog for details.

Redterrors

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
There have been a lot of reports of big channels having issues with ads being pulled for inappropriate content. Can anyone confirm that a channel with inappropriate "kid" content like toy freaks or toy scouter have had issues. I have youtube red so I never see ads. Being that they are continuing to post the same content, I guess it means they are not suffering. It is a shame great adult youtube channels are getting hammered and these channels that target kids go on like normal. In 2015, almost all popular kid channels were the unboxing review type channels. Then all of a sudden gross, bad baby, and violence took over. Then everyone copied.