Better your chance in search results.

Demis Hellen

Vlogs, Music and More...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Format I use for uploads, and for this example my video is on xbox v ps3.

TITLE | Xbox Vs Ps3 - the ultimate guide (Note: the hyphen is there to tell google that anything before the hyphen is a keyword)

DESCRIPTION | Xbox Vs Ps3 - the ultimate guide is the ultimate side by side comparison.....blah....blah etc.... (Note: I have pasted the title into the description. This tells google the keywords again making google think it more relevant to a search with those words in. Use the words as many times as you cant fit while still making sense :))

TAGS | Xbox Vs Ps3 (Note: first tag is the title of the video adding to the relevance again.)

The trick is google searches is following rules so tricking google make it think this video is more relevant to a search that a video that only has those words fewer times. The more views you build in time, the higher in the search result you will appear.

This has worked for me and gets me better result on my video views in the first few days. I hope this helps anyone who wishes to give this a try in their own uploads

Oophilly215oO

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have a question, is there any different to putting quotes on your tags? Like for your xbox vs ps3. Should you quote that along with everything else? Or just leave it as Xbox Vs Ps3 ? Just curious this has been bugging me for a while.

Marcus "Rediche" Geil

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Quotes is used for the search itself on Google and sometimes when you clarify the tags below the description. On YouTube they did a smart thing and made it easy to add sentences as a tag itself. Each time you add a sentence-tag on YouTube you can hit Enter/Return and that sentence will be grouped as a whole tag.

The more specific a tag is (The longer or more words in a sentence), the more precise you will be able to hit in specific searches. In Demis' example, he groups up "Xbox Vs Ps3" all the time which makes him stand stronger because a lot people will search for exactly that sentence. Beside that I would recommend doing 4-5 general tags like ps3, playstation, xbox, 360 etc. :)

Reactions: Demis Hellen

Demis Hellen

Vlogs, Music and More...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I have a question, is there any different to putting quotes on your tags? Like for your xbox vs ps3. Should you quote that along with everything else? Or just leave it as Xbox Vs Ps3 ? Just curious this has been bugging me for a while.
Its best to look at it like this

Google looks at keywords like this:

TITLE = 1st
Description = 2nd
Tags = 3rd

So like you say quoting in the tags, as long as the words are there it adds to the likelihood[DOUBLEPOST=1380835255,1380835156][/DOUBLEPOST]
Quotes is used for the search itself on Google and sometimes when you clarify the tags below the description. On YouTube they did a smart thing and made it easy to add sentences as a tag itself. Each time you add a sentence-tag on YouTube you can hit Enter/Return and that sentence will be grouped as a whole tag.

The more specific a tag is (The longer or more words in a sentence), the more precise you will be able to hit in specific searches. In Demis' example, he groups up "Xbox Vs Ps3" all the time which makes him stand stronger because a lot people will search for exactly that sentence. Beside that I would recommend doing 4-5 general tags like ps3, playstation, xbox, 360 etc. :)
And this is spot on for you Oophilly. These three boxes are more important than some actually realise :)

Oophilly215oO

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Its best to look at it like this

Google looks at keywords like this:

TITLE = 1st
Description = 2nd
Tags = 3rd

So like you say quoting in the tags, as long as the words are there it adds to the likelihood[DOUBLEPOST=1380835255,1380835156][/DOUBLEPOST]

And this is spot on for you Oophilly. These three boxes are more important than some actually realise :)
I totally understand, i try not to add to many tags because of relevance cuz some people go overboard. Like i don't go too literal, i put tags for what im playing and stuff but i dont really put for what console even though i should. I just feel like the next step after i do that is me putting tags like "video" "console""rockstar" idk maybe it will increase my chances if i did? but i just feel like thats so overboard.

Demis Hellen

Vlogs, Music and More...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I totally understand, i try not to add to many tags because of relevance cuz some people go overboard. Like i don't go too literal, i put tags for what im playing and stuff but i dont really put for what console even though i should. I just feel like the next step after i do that is me putting tags like "video" "console""rockstar" idk maybe it will increase my chances if i did? but i just feel like thats so overboard.
I felt the same way but it really does maximise your chances of coming up in a search. My videos are doing a lot better now, even some videos I watch their description has hundreds of tags which makes it even more relevant . Bt I understand you feel stupid putting that much stuff on a videos tags :)

Oophilly215oO

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I felt the same way but it really does maximise your chances of coming up in a search. My videos are doing a lot better now, even some videos I watch their description has hundreds of tags which makes it even more relevant . Bt I understand you feel stupid putting that much stuff on a videos tags :)
Haha maybe thats the secret to success though, i'll have to give it a shot!

Reactions: Demis Hellen

iLLwORkYOU

COD God
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Format I use for uploads, and for this example my video is on xbox v ps3.

TITLE | Xbox Vs Ps3 - the ultimate guide (Note: the hyphen is there to tell google that anything before the hyphen is a keyword)

DESCRIPTION | Xbox Vs Ps3 - the ultimate guide is the ultimate side by side comparison.....blah....blah etc.... (Note: I have pasted the title into the description. This tells google the keywords again making google think it more relevant to a search with those words in. Use the words as many times as you cant fit while still making sense :))

TAGS | Xbox Vs Ps3 (Note: first tag is the title of the video adding to the relevance again.)

The trick is google searches is following rules so tricking google make it think this video is more relevant to a search that a video that only has those words fewer times. The more views you build in time, the higher in the search result you will appear.

This has worked for me and gets me better result on my video views in the first few days. I hope this helps anyone who wishes to give this a try in their own uploads
5 months and 17 subscribers you have why are you giving anyone advice?

Demis Hellen

Vlogs, Music and More...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Im sorry InsideXBOX I was not aware this would be offensive, so for your information here we proceed. Since my tactics as written above my videos have started to receive more views without any form of promotion, thus I have shared this information I found through research to share with the community to take on board if they so wish to.
Good luck with your channel and I say that because I don't judge people by their subscribers.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Demis' advice is good. It's a proven method that works for success in the search results. The current size of his channel doesn't alter that fact.

When you checked out his channel to look at his sub count, did you also check out the high quality of his work? You should.