better banner = more subcribers

braixen1264

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I wouldn't put "subscribe" in the channel art, maybe that's just me?

SnoopingTurtle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I have never subbed to a channel exclusively because of their banner, but it does occasionally make me check out a channels videos to see if I want to sub or not. I would say the channel avatar and thumbnails are the most important in terms of getting a person to check out your channel and stuff

Jack Swish

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Banners thumbnails and icons are valuable for allowing viewers to know that you make good quality and care about your channel- but its the quality of your video content that will get them to subscribe.[DOUBLEPOST=1477237717,1477237658][/DOUBLEPOST]
I wouldn't put "subscribe" in the channel art, maybe that's just me?
I think it's spammy but you need to get the balance of reminding users but not being all in their face.

georgia grace

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
a nice banner that fits what i personally like would make me more likely to check out the person's content. i don't think i've ever subscribed solely because of a banner, but a nice looking one has definitely drawn me into channels and got me to at least check their content out.

Orion Blue

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Has a nice looking one ever made my subscribe? No. But I should be mentioned that a bad one has definitely made me not even look at a channel.

Aaron Kelsall

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just a banner wouldn't make me want to subscribe. A rubbish banner would however make me not want to subscribe because I'd think 'amateur'. Maybe I'm being too judgemental...

AllVisuals4U

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Designer, Other
I think people are pretty judgemental in general. So to give a good first impression to your channel visitors, a banner could do something good. But the content is most important I think..

Nebojsa032

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well it does not have to mean that you will gain more subscribers because of a better banner. Subscribers often care about video quality and content quality, but sure it will look better and it could possibly attract some people :)

10ACITY

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've heard that it's incredibly effective in attaining subscribers. I don't remember ever subbing for someone for their banner, but I am certain I've chosen not to subscribe to someone because of their banner.

BROWNSinTOWN

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Content, in my opinion, is more important in obtaining viewers. It is rare when a viewer subscribes to a channel merely for its banner.