Best way to expand and reach new viewers?

webadepts

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey people,

I'm currently struggling to find new viewers for my channel. I'm trying to upload 2-3 videos a week but don't have any idea where I could share them to reach new viewers without being "pushy" or annoying. Don't want to be one of those "HEY GREAT VIDEO, BUT LOOK AT MY CHANNEL!" guys.

I'm doing Webdevelopment, Design and Software review videos, just switched to the english language instead of german and want to reach people interested in webdevelopment in general who appreciate tutorials, guides and also reviews of libraries and techs.

Any idea? Where do you share your videos and how did you reach your subscribers?

Thanks a lot already!

Reactions: TassieEats

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the Strategy / Technique Advice forum. ^_^

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Definitely recommend talking about your channel to those types of communities, for instance if there is a subreddit on web dvelopement, software review, etc, your information may be helpful to some of those people ;)

TheBaconater

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Honestly i cant give you much advice as i've only just started up myself too, but you need to just be patient, it takes a lot of times and effort for you stuff to get noticed regardless of how good it is, or even how much you spam social media with it, partly because lots of people starting out have the same goal, and end up only having their videos watched by people who want to grow their own channels, and party because, even if you do a great video, that doesnt necessarily mean that your future videos will be any good. Just keep at it, and make sure to improve your videos, eventually people will notice you if your work is good enough!

Reactions: TassieEats

TassieEats

Reaction score
The Baconater!!! LOL! I eat on my channel and bacon is one of my favorite foods, so I had to comment on your name. HAHAHAHA![DOUBLEPOST=1502291895,1502291756][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey people,

I'm currently struggling to find new viewers for my channel. I'm trying to upload 2-3 videos a week but don't have any idea where I could share them to reach new viewers without being "pushy" or annoying. Don't want to be one of those "HEY GREAT VIDEO, BUT LOOK AT MY CHANNEL!" guys.

I'm doing Webdevelopment, Design and Software review videos, just switched to the english language instead of german and want to reach people interested in webdevelopment in general who appreciate tutorials, guides and also reviews of libraries and techs.

Any idea? Where do you share your videos and how did you reach your subscribers?

Thanks a lot already!
I'm very new to YouTube, as well, so take my advice with a grain of salt. I've found that yes, I can encourage my friends to my channel; however, they only go because they're my friends. Not because they're really into my content. So I found the fastest way to get movement on my channel is that you HAVE to promote using advertisement. That's how I have found I can reach other people who I don't know, and they will actually want to watch, or like my content, and not just because they're my friends. Through Google Adwords, and using FB, I have been able to reach audiences, and be seen, where I couldn't have in any other way. I hope this helps!

webadepts

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I moved this to the Strategy / Technique Advice forum. ^_^
Oh sorry! Thank you! :)

Definitely recommend talking about your channel to those types of communities, for instance if there is a subreddit on web dvelopement, software review, etc, your information may be helpful to some of those people ;)
Thanks, didn't thought about reddit yet. I'll look for options on there! :)

Thanks for your advices already. I'll just take my time, upload my videos and even without big numbers in clicks I'll continue! :) Eventually I'll get better in editing, talking and all around it and be more pleasant to watch haha.

Good luck you guys on your projects!

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh sorry! Thank you! :)

Thanks, didn't thought about reddit yet. I'll look for options on there! :)

Thanks for your advices already. I'll just take my time, upload my videos and even without big numbers in clicks I'll continue! :) Eventually I'll get better in editing, talking and all around it and be more pleasant to watch haha.

Good luck you guys on your projects!
If you do use Reddit - post only is specific subreddits and dont spam

I use reddit regularly and there is a certain culture to it. Self promotion doesnt sit well on reddit

YoungWildMe3

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How do you use Facebook to advertise your channel? I don't use Facebook now so I'd be creating a new page. Please let me know.

Silverr

Reaction score
I always share my videos on my Twitter whenever I upload one, while using the specific hashtag for it. It's super helpful since with the hashtag you know that people who are related to that topic will be viewing your video, and will potentially be interested in it.

Also, I advertise my videos in my personal Discord and also others if they have an advertising channel set up.

Lastly, I make sure to comment on lots of different videos and try to make them unique/interesting so that people will like the comments. Sometimes people who read the comment will in turn check out your channel, which is in a way indirectly advertising.

Hope this helps!