Best way to become big on youtube

antonio33333

Reaction score
Instead of focusing on numbers you should focus on quality (i know i know you all heard that many times).

The reason why so many people are saying that it's impossible to grow on a Youtube is because they can't grow. The reason why they can't grow can be literally anything but if you click on someones channel here on forum you would honestly say that they didn't deserve more views/subs.
It's brutal but it is true. If you really wanna grow then work HARDER. I bet most of people that "can't" grow probably didn't even watch most livestreams that those Youtube gurus are having every single week.

People you have to understand that you can't be a doctor if you are not studying and passing exams, you can't get a job if you don't write amazing CV and also you can't grow on Youtube if you don't LEARN about Youtube.

People are blowing up on Youtube every single day. I watch tons of people that started channels 6 months ago and they have over 10,000 subscribers.

1. How consistent are you? If you are doing vlogs/sit down videos you have to do at least 3 videos a week to really see a growth.
2. What is your value? You heard that many times but it's really important. Why people should care? Worst thing that you can do as a new youtuber is post something that most of other new youtubers are posting (20 facts about me, my first video, get to know me)... Look people don't care about you until you give them some value after 100 videos with value/informations maybe do more personal videos.
3. What is your targeting audience? You can't mix Trump, vlogs and challenges all at the same time.
4. Are you active in Youtube community? I know tons of people who grew so much just because they commented on other channels (no not something like "check me out, i am youtuber"

There is so much more things to say but if you are really pasionate about growing you can everything... suprise, suprise for FREE on Youtube. What a beautiful time has come so we can't have all the informations for free but still most of people are not using it.

This is not a post for person that started this thread but for everyone.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
all good replies...

....but...

...no one mention that people go to Youtube to get free (great)

1. entertainment
2. tutorials or how tos (I mean knowledge / info)
3. (as already said) drama

you wanna be big?
do one of those three.
(guess #3 is the easy way...)

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
It requires a lot to get big nowadays. Treat the title "content creator" as a job, even though you have other things in life that keep you busy. There's a lot to learn, its not just sharing, promoting and quality content, you will get it all as you progress. There is more to it. People say it too impossible knowing how saturated YouTube is. Willingness is a huge part of growing bigger and bigger. I know a twitch streamer that stream everyday for hours, for the past 4-5 years. Slow growth and hard effort, hitting the numbers, not big yet but steadily growing. The point of it all, the more your involved with it, the more you learn. The more you learn the more you grow. Every growth is slow. GOD damn trees take so many years to get big, look at it that way.
I personally actually don't think so. I had an old channel with a million views and now I am at nearly 6% that with more subs. It is possible. The problem is so many youtubers are going into oversaturated markets however youtube is not saturated itself. Too many gaming channels which make it harder to compete.

antonio33333

Reaction score
It is possible to grow in every single niche. Problem is that most of people watch leading people in for example gaming niche and they are trying to mimic them.
If someone want to grow they have to do something different (no you don't need 10k camera and you don't have to make vlogs in New York like Casey).
Try using camera from different angle, try different editing styles, different games or something.
I worked with couple of youtubers that went from few thousands to 500k in 1 year.

Take a look at UnJaded Jade. She has 100 videos in 1 year and over 140 000 subscribers. What she did? She is in a niche that is not that popular. Niche is learning, study with me and all the things releated to those topics.
2 years ago that specific niche didn't exist. I'm not student and I'm not interested in those topics but the way how she did it is pretty cool for someone who likes marketing like i do.
Even if you are in really saturated niche do something different. Don't be one of those that are posting tags videos, or spicey food challenges all the time.
Bring some value, you have to connect with an audience not on just basic youtuber - viewer level, but on much deeper level, emotional level. Show them that you're going to be there every single week (or often), show them that you care about them.

There is no secret formula for growth. It's is really simple. We are bombarded with those celebrities every single way, people today have low self-esteem because of that. When they find someone on a youtube that is similar to them by thinking, also if that person is uploading regularly and if viewer feel like he/she can connect to that person they are going to become subscriber or even more - fan.

One more thing. As a youtuber, you are talking with REAL people, you are connecting with REAL people, when you think about title you are making that title for REAL people, when you ask someone to subscribe, you are asking REAL person. Think about that, There is no "algorithm hack", there is only BASIC psychology.

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Instead of focusing on numbers you should focus on quality (i know i know you all heard that many times).

The reason why so many people are saying that it's impossible to grow on a Youtube is because they can't grow. The reason why they can't grow can be literally anything but if you click on someones channel here on forum you would honestly say that they didn't deserve more views/subs.
It's brutal but it is true. If you really wanna grow then work HARDER. I bet most of people that "can't" grow probably didn't even watch most livestreams that those Youtube gurus are having every single week.

People you have to understand that you can't be a doctor if you are not studying and passing exams, you can't get a job if you don't write amazing CV and also you can't grow on Youtube if you don't LEARN about Youtube.

People are blowing up on Youtube every single day. I watch tons of people that started channels 6 months ago and they have over 10,000 subscribers.

1. How consistent are you? If you are doing vlogs/sit down videos you have to do at least 3 videos a week to really see a growth.
2. What is your value? You heard that many times but it's really important. Why people should care? Worst thing that you can do as a new youtuber is post something that most of other new youtubers are posting (20 facts about me, my first video, get to know me)... Look people don't care about you until you give them some value after 100 videos with value/informations maybe do more personal videos.
3. What is your targeting audience? You can't mix Trump, vlogs and challenges all at the same time.
4. Are you active in Youtube community? I know tons of people who grew so much just because they commented on other channels (no not something like "check me out, i am youtuber"

There is so much more things to say but if you are really pasionate about growing you can everything... suprise, suprise for FREE on Youtube. What a beautiful time has come so we can't have all the informations for free but still most of people are not using it.

This is not a post for person that started this thread but for everyone.
THIS. THIS. THIS! EVERY SINGLE WORD OF THIS IS GOLDEN INFORMATION. #preach

Kwantabile

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
It is possible to grow in every single niche. Problem is that most of people watch leading people in for example gaming niche and they are trying to mimic them.
If someone want to grow they have to do something different (no you don't need 10k camera and you don't have to make vlogs in New York like Casey).
Try using camera from different angle, try different editing styles, different games or something.
I worked with couple of youtubers that went from few thousands to 500k in 1 year.

Take a look at UnJaded Jade. She has 100 videos in 1 year and over 140 000 subscribers. What she did? She is in a niche that is not that popular. Niche is learning, study with me and all the things releated to those topics.
2 years ago that specific niche didn't exist. I'm not student and I'm not interested in those topics but the way how she did it is pretty cool for someone who likes marketing like i do.
Even if you are in really saturated niche do something different. Don't be one of those that are posting tags videos, or spicey food challenges all the time.
Bring some value, you have to connect with an audience not on just basic youtuber - viewer level, but on much deeper level, emotional level. Show them that you're going to be there every single week (or often), show them that you care about them.

There is no secret formula for growth. It's is really simple. We are bombarded with those celebrities every single way, people today have low self-esteem because of that. When they find someone on a youtube that is similar to them by thinking, also if that person is uploading regularly and if viewer feel like he/she can connect to that person they are going to become subscriber or even more - fan.

One more thing. As a youtuber, you are talking with REAL people, you are connecting with REAL people, when you think about title you are making that title for REAL people, when you ask someone to subscribe, you are asking REAL person. Think about that, There is no "algorithm hack", there is only BASIC psychology.
I wish I could give you millions of likes. SERIOUSLY.

I spend a lot of time on Reddit and I can't tell you how many posts I read from people who complain about " not growing fast enough when their videos, SEO, thumbnails, channel art, etc. are on point, compared to s****y channels of their niche who upload crap videos. "

The problem is comparison (I know it's tempting, you may think it's a way to gauge your growth, but don't. Every channel/creator/person is different and comparison is a killjoy. And it kills your self esteem along the way) and as you said, mimicking others.

But I don't think people mimic others just to be successful.

Sometimes, it's out of fear. Mimicking something that's already popular is playing it safe, not taking risks, and basically, not showing the real you which is a gamble, because, by doing something new (" you do you "), you don't know how people will react.

Of course, putting yourself outta here is scary. Not everybody will like you, and some people will let you know.

But that's what it takes.

Reactions: tahlia

tizzer65

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It requires a lot to get big nowadays. Treat the title "content creator" as a job, even though you have other things in life that keep you busy. There's a lot to learn, its not just sharing, promoting and quality content, you will get it all as you progress. There is more to it. People say it too impossible knowing how saturated YouTube is. Willingness is a huge part of growing bigger and bigger. I know a twitch streamer that stream everyday for hours, for the past 4-5 years. Slow growth and hard effort, hitting the numbers, not big yet but steadily growing. The point of it all, the more your involved with it, the more you learn. The more you learn the more you grow. Every growth is slow. GOD damn trees take so many years to get big, look at it that way.
That tree metaphor hit me deep mate.

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Is it ok to hate this question or is the problem me lol?
It’s absolutely okay to hate this question. It’s the equivalent of asking “what’s the best way to become a movie star?” or “what’s the best way to become a rock star?” The answer has and always will be “work hard and put in the YEARS of work the “big guys” you’re comparing yourself to have already put in. Plus, be insanely talented, insanely well-connected and insanely lucky. All at the same time. The end. LOL