Best way to become big on youtube

Dr. Creepster

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think that it is possible! I had a video on another channel which suddenly blew up because one of the tags got popular :p

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it's crazy how much is learned just while growing my channel and collabing with others. I've learned so much as to how the current algorithm works and have grown my channel in the process.

Now, I'm not big at all but I am watching some of my friends become bigger and bigger.

As for the question - What's the definition of going big? Why would you want to do so? What drives you to do youtube anyways? I think if someone is doing it for the fame, they've already messed up. I think most youtubers out there just simply love the hobby. There are some out there that might do it for fame but i think a passion is needed.
I agree with you I see so many people making videos just for money and fame and they have little no passion for making content and to be honest that’s upsetting because I’m passionate about what I do and I would like to meet others that have the same passion, not people that are money hungry.

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
do you think its possible to make it big on youtube if you post everyday with out any real promotion?

of course make sure you have proper tags and title and other proper branding strategies i mean by not going on forums etc
Sure, I think anything is possible. But like @Styxie said, it's unlikely. Especially in this day and age, when the market is far more saturated than ever.

Alexander Hoff

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Top 10 trends and drama of the week! Featuring extreme clickbait!

Hollyweird Teens

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've done zero promotion except the option to send to twitter and google plus (??) that youtube gives you when uploading a vid. I'm not big but I'm bigger than I'd ever imagine I'd be.

Reaction score
so hard for me i can't do clickbait or good tags, i don't know what i must do.

i am a dancer and sharing my dance pieces right now. but i dont't know what i can do better. someone here who can help.
we need to support each other right

roger grizzly

rclark

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
No secret other than great content that encourage people to share like wild.

MyBigBrain

I've Got It
Reaction score
Waiting is a major component to get big on YT.

5 - 10 years is a very realistic time frame to get big for most channels.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
do you think its possible to make it big on youtube if you post everyday with out any real promotion?

of course make sure you have proper tags and title and other proper branding strategies i mean by not going on forums etc
Who knows there are probably many difffent ways to make it big. I think the most important thing is passion and hard work. The rest will fall in to place if you have those two things. It will show in your work and somehow drive traffic to your channel one way or another.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sure, I think anything is possible. But like @Styxie said, it's unlikely. Especially in this day and age, when the market is far more saturated than ever.
I WOULD ALSO like to say that, yes as it is more saturated than ever, it is less saturated today than what it will be in the next year. The best time to start is now. I feel as if this will be true over the next years even.

Also, many youtubers rise and fall in fame. Tobuscus? He's washed. Tyler Oakley? He lost 10,000 subs in the last week. Is Shane Dawson still around? ( I think he is but he isn't as big as he once was for sure). Smosh? Their sub counts have plateaued.

People like Peter McKinnon made it is less than 2 years despite many other big youtubers being around at the time.

The market is saturated, but at the same time, I feel like anything is possible in this game.

Reactions: darkstarmedia