Best way to become big on youtube

MrMotherCrusher

Loving YTtalk
do you think its possible to make it big on youtube if you post everyday with out any real promotion?

of course make sure you have proper tags and title and other proper branding strategies i mean by not going on forums etc

It requires a lot to get big nowadays. Treat the title "content creator" as a job, even though you have other things in life that keep you busy. There's a lot to learn, its not just sharing, promoting and quality content, you will get it all as you progress. There is more to it. People say it too impossible knowing how saturated YouTube is. Willingness is a huge part of growing bigger and bigger. I know a twitch streamer that stream everyday for hours, for the past 4-5 years. Slow growth and hard effort, hitting the numbers, not big yet but steadily growing. The point of it all, the more your involved with it, the more you learn. The more you learn the more you grow. Every growth is slow. GOD damn trees take so many years to get big, look at it that way.

I'm NOT so sure
I myself think there is a way to make a living on Youtube.
Especially if it something you enjoy doing!

Yes, it is possible. I would even go as far to say it's the best way to become big.

Good content + SEO + zero promotion = high audience retention.

High audience retention = long term growth via the algorithm.

In the short term, good SEO and zero promotion will result in few views, but those views will have good retention rate. Over time, as the algorithm builds up a bigger sample, it will notice that your channel gets better retention than all the channels who have promoted on reddit and all over the internet in a shotgun approach and it will begin to promote your channel in suggested videos and the video will climb the search rankings. So in the longer term, the channel will grow organically and much quicker. The problem is most new channels don't have the patience to wait for the longer term.

I still disagree
There are 6 billion people on the planet
are you suggesting that the ones on Youtube don't share the same interests as yourself?

Niche Channels are the best way now to get big on YouTube. Gaming & other channels like that are EXTREMELY tough to get into (like myself). I've been doing a lot of research on the YouTube Algorithm lately, and once I get the rest of the stats I need. I'm gonna put together a video about what I came up with.

With the info I've come up with so far, becoming a big Gaming Channel is next to impossible without a lucky break or a shoutout from a decent sized YouTuber or someone with a lot of influence (IE. YouTuber, Twitter (With Very High Followings), etc).

Don't let that get you down though. If you enjoy making Gaming Videos, then don't let stats and views get you down. Especially if it's just your hobby.

As Crown said above. If your willing to wait while your channel grows very slowly, eventually the Algorithm will see the views and the higher retention rate and you'll maybe start popping up in Search or Suggested.

Back