Best vlog tags?

Br1anL

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Any tips or insight on the best tags to add to vlog style videos? Using tube buddy and found a few, just want to see everyones input =]

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Target a phrase and tag your video around that...look at your latest video Titled (Vlog 004 | Lazy Sunday: Dogs in the coffee shop!? | Exploring down town Winterpark Florida) . It was hard for me to figure out what type of viewers your video was targeting.

Phrasing the same title like this (Exporling downtown Winterpark Florida on a lazy sunday.vlog 4) will first easily rank for the phrase "Exporling downtown" which is a suggested youtube phrase and it's easy for fewers to easily make sense of what you are showing in the video.

For tags I will use phrases like Exporling downtown ,winter park florida, vlog4,winter park florida tour,winter park florida park avenue you get the picture
Hope that serve as an example that answers your question.

Reactions: Br1anL

Br1anL

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Target a phrase and tag your video around that...look at your latest video Titled (Vlog 004 | Lazy Sunday: Dogs in the coffee shop!? | Exploring down town Winterpark Florida) . It was hard for me to figure out what type of viewers your video was targeting.

Phrasing the same title like this (Exporling downtown Winterpark Florida on a lazy sunday.vlog 4) will first easily rank for the phrase "Exporling downtown" which is a suggested youtube phrase and it's easy for fewers to easily make sense of what you are showing in the video.

For tags I will use phrases like Exporling downtown ,winter park florida, vlog4,winter park florida tour,winter park florida park avenue you get the picture
Hope that serve as an example that answers your question.

Thanks for the reply, that really clears things up! I appreciate it!

BrinoVlogs

I've Got It
Reaction score
Compound tags like more than a word., single tags and title of your video. Plus making your title of your video that relates to a trend will boost your tags too

Reactions: Br1anL

subversiveasset

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
The real secret here is that SEO should also inform your content strategy -- in other words, rather than just creating whatever content and then trying to figure out the metadata that goes along with it, thing about things that people are already searching for, and then make content around that.

In this case, think about how you can make topical vlogs -- vlogs where you're still doing your thing, yes, but where you are conscious to do or talk about things that people might be searching for.

For example, in your video where your washer breaks, the missed opportunity is that it could have been trimmed down and tailored into a DIY project to fix the washer. Since you're already leading with that in the title, then you should think about whether montages of you traveling, etc., really support that topic. But if you could have a more focused vlog, then that leads to some pretty obvious compound tags like "how to fix a washer" or "fixing a washer at home" (but really, the tags probably should have been tailored more...it's not really the washer that broke, since you got rid of the washer and it was really the connection.)

FWIW, I totally agree with @BrinoVlogs -- compound tags that reinforce the title are the way to go!

Reactions: BrinoVlogs

Br1anL

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
The real secret here is that SEO should also inform your content strategy -- in other words, rather than just creating whatever content and then trying to figure out the metadata that goes along with it, thing about things that people are already searching for, and then make content around that.

In this case, think about how you can make topical vlogs -- vlogs where you're still doing your thing, yes, but where you are conscious to do or talk about things that people might be searching for.

For example, in your video where your washer breaks, the missed opportunity is that it could have been trimmed down and tailored into a DIY project to fix the washer. Since you're already leading with that in the title, then you should think about whether montages of you traveling, etc., really support that topic. But if you could have a more focused vlog, then that leads to some pretty obvious compound tags like "how to fix a washer" or "fixing a washer at home" (but really, the tags probably should have been tailored more...it's not really the washer that broke, since you got rid of the washer and it was really the connection.)

FWIW, I totally agree with @BrinoVlogs -- compound tags that reinforce the title are the way to go!
Gotcha,

Great explanation! I am researching things that people are searching for now, im just still getting the ropes of how it all works so sometimes i find good tags sometimes i think they are good and they dont add to my SEO at all. Its all about trial and error. But yeah I didnt even think about the washer becoming a diy etc. I think my issue is as you said, i am thinking of them as separate things. My video, and then the seo rather than them becoming one.

subversiveasset

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Gotcha,

Great explanation! I am researching things that people are searching for now, im just still getting the ropes of how it all works so sometimes i find good tags sometimes i think they are good and they dont add to my SEO at all. Its all about trial and error. But yeah I didnt even think about the washer becoming a diy etc. I think my issue is as you said, i am thinking of them as separate things. My video, and then the seo rather than them becoming one.
Right, this is something even I struggle with. I'll make a video first, and then AFTERWARD, I'll do research and think, "wow, if I had researched before, I could've presented things just a little bit differently."

The main challenge with SEO is balancing keywords that people search for vs keywords that other creators are competing for. This is why shorter tags (one or two words) are usually just so tough...they are so competitive that it'll really be hard to rank for.

Br1anL

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Right, this is something even I struggle with. I'll make a video first, and then AFTERWARD, I'll do research and think, "wow, if I had researched before, I could've presented things just a little bit differently."

The main challenge with SEO is balancing keywords that people search for vs keywords that other creators are competing for. This is why shorter tags (one or two words) are usually just so tough...they are so competitive that it'll really be hard to rank for.
Yeah, i need to just research atleast the general tags before hand and then plan my video based on more specific things i guess.

Yeah i have found that since using tube buddy I rank better on the long specific tags, and dont rank at all on the one word generic ones. Ive been going back and playing around with tags on old videos to just test things out and see if i can get traction. I got a little bit on one video and tot 20+ more views, but that seems to have stopped.

You're right though research before hand is probably key.

Reactions: subversiveasset