Best Video Cams for the Price (Newer Youtubers)

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I guess it overall depends on the budget you have. A lot of lower end camera have HD but how much HD do you want and how much can you afford is the next question?

My first camcorder was the Sony HDR CX-110 which I bought for $200. It shot in a 1440 x 1080p pixel aspect ratio. The camera is probably cheaper now and newer models have an external microphone feature to greatly improve the audio.
Where as my next camcorder the Canon Vixia HF G30 I bought for $1400 (which you can find on ebay for like $600 now) shot in 1920 x 1080p and the quality difference was huge. Plus I was able to plug in an external microphone which was something I needed to increase the quality of my work.

A lot of newer and lower end models of the Sony and Canon cameras have pretty good quality. But for a Youtuber I'd have to always recommend ones that allow an external microphone. Preferably ones that have a mount for them. Just make sure to browse around Amazon over Walmart since you'll have a lot more choices that way.

Good DSLR's (Digital Single Lens Reflective) cameras cost quite a bit but you can get photography as well as video from good ones. But that is way down the road of course.

Reactions: Youtubestarterpack

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Free iPHone from AT&T or Verizon, with a contract..Cant beat that price especially if you wanted an iPhone anyway..
The majority of shots in the majority of our videos are done on iPhones.

PopsLetsPlay

UBER Gamer
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I personally do not have the budget *yet* of these high-end fancy smancy cameras, so i can't help you with that.

What I can help you with is this:

The Logitech HD Pro C920, a brilliant, and most definitely the BEST webcam you can have. Mind you, the microphone on this sucker is terrible..don't use the microphone, use the video only. You will thank me later if you get this. You can buy it at a good price on amazon, and some stores carry them aswell.

Pros:
Everything cept microphone ( fades perfectly, brilliant resolution, easy to use )