Best upload frequency?

Steven&Cilla

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
Being that you are just starting out, I would just do uploads when you can. Don't overwhelm yourself.

baseline99

Reaction score
At least once a week if not more, depending on if work, goto school, etc. Be prepared to accept the fact that you may only get like 10 views but that's ok, just keep uploading. I remember when I uploaded my first video in 2011 and it got hundreds to thousands of views in a very short time span like a week or two. I couldn't believe it and I didn't even really try that hard either but now it's much harder due to competition, algorithms, etc.

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I upload every Saturday. From time to time if I really have enough material I upload twice a week - usually Wednesday and Saturday. In the beginning, you can try to upload more often like 2-3 times a week, but later on, no need for such often updates. Just give some time your videos to be seen, and don`t spam your subscribers with new videos every day.

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I upload 1 video a day at 4pm UK time because i think its a reasonable time for people to watch and it fits inbetween everything i do around youtube :D also it can be easy if you get ahead of yourself as in scheduling but tbh i have bad internet so it can take 3 hours or more to upload a video XD times like this is when it gets hard!

Reactions: JonnyBoi

Samiphany

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
I agree with Yachts For Sale - Your frequency of uploads should correlate with how much you enjoying making, editing and posting videos. If you feel excited to do it everyday, then do it everyday. If not, then do less. Uploading often just for the sake of uploading often might burn you out, so following your feelings is best.

FireShock

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
As much you can with depending on your personal life, one thing I would say don’t just put out content just to put something out. Better to have a video take a while to make and uploaded than one is poor quality just to have something upload to keep regular viewers. Once a week or at least once every two weeks seems about right.

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Someone once told me if one doesn't upload at least 2-3 a week, a channel won't get anywhere.

I don't see this as true whatsoever. Quality over quantity is definitely something to keep in mind. Especially for channels just starting out, you don't really want to have videos every day (unless they are really well done and edited). It depends a lot on what content you make too. For example, a gaming channel would probably want to make a video every day. Even in the instance that they are just starting out. However, someone who vlogs may first want to get an initial good chunk of subs before doing daily vlogs. Also, slowly transitioning to doing a video every day is much less stressful on a person than all of a sudden making that commitment

JonnyBoi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What I usually do Is I make videos when ever I can, then schedule them evenly. That way you aren't uploading like 2 or 3 videos at the beginning of the week, and nothing for the rest. Plus doing it that way helps you to keep on to of it. Makes it feel like it's something that needs to be done(if that makes sense). I upload one video every week day, and two on the weekends. But I don't make or edit any videos on the weekends. Thats all thanks to scheduling.;)

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
As others have said you should upload as much as you feel able whilst keeping it enjoyable.

Personally I upload daily but that's because for some reason I seem to work so much better doing video work very day, if I have a break for a few days I then find it much harder to get back into the rhythm.