Best strategy for external source views?

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I know people say to get as many views as possible as fast as you can, first 24h are crucial. And they are right! But I was wondering about external sources. The usual is twitter Facebook and reddit (for some) and if we’re lucky, news sites, but I’m not sure if it’s wise right out of the gate.

I’m not sure so that’s why I’m asking, when is the best time to get those views?

Starting a session that brings someone to engage in YouTube will help your video, but at the same time, when they X out that window, it’s really bad for you. If someone is just browsing around out there and isn’t actually on YouTube, wouldn’t that hurt? I mean yea someone comes in and checks your vid for a minute, it might seem good but it seems like the tendency to close out is higher which is bad.

So is it better to wait until the natural views from subs and recommendations kick in and give the video some legs? Or just go all in at once? Opinions welcome and hard evidence even more welcome.

Primink

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
deleted

Last edited:

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would assume this cuts both ways ie. Lots of views with very poor watchtime and interaction will kill a video in the first 24 hours?

From what I've seen, their session time doesn't affect you negatively at all only positively. The first 24 hours is very important as I've seen from experience, but I think it's more then just views. If you have good watch time, views, and engagement in the first 24 hours it can really boost a video from my experience.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I would assume this cuts both ways ie. Lots of views with very poor watchtime and interaction will kill a video in the first 24 hours?
What’s bad news for a video is ending the session. An external view, I believe has a higher chance of that. But I’m asking to see if there’s evidence that it’s outweighed by the session start or what