Best social media platform to monetize?

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm pretty active on Facebook and Instagram but wasn't sure which social media site would be best for monetizing since I'm slowly saving up some money to do so. I'm even considering doing a little campaign on reddit.

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
If you want to pay to find viewers, why not pay on the actual platform where your viewers are?
If I want to eat pizza I don't go to a sushi restaurant.
KiddieToysReview wrote this on another thread about whether promoting on twitter, but it's really a good analogy. I was just recently experimenting with adwords on the Youtube platform and while I did get a handful of subs the results weren't that great because I think it was just showing the ad to everyone. I recommend you check the other thread to learn how to narrow it down to your specified keywords. Luckily I was only playing around with $5-$10. But this tip can save you a lot of money. I can only imagine that your results will be even more disappointing than mine if you advertised on other platforms.

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

TommysToyRoom

Reaction score
Youtube is the best.
At what stage would you recommend using YouTube advertising and how often?

I was thinking once I have refined all of the elements of my channel and started to produce some better quality videos, and have around 50, I would start advertising maybe once a month, only a small amount but just to boost views & subs.

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
At what stage would you recommend using YouTube advertising and how often?

I was thinking once I have refined all of the elements of my channel and started to produce some better quality videos, and have around 50, I would start advertising maybe once a month, only a small amount but just to boost views & subs.
I would recommend it once you have at least 2 dozen videos and all metadata optimized and cards and annotations setup. Adwords drives up to 100% earned views so you want to make sure you have cards pointed to playlists.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
IMO, none of the advertisement platforms are worth spending money on. They're only good for initial view recognition for brands/sponsors to see that you can attract viewers (albeit a bit shady in a way). Save your money, market for free through your major social media platforms, and e-mail larger brands or relevant sites to see if they can feature some of your stuff (if it's good enough).

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't waste your money. If people don't flock to you now they won't when you put stuff out. Source? I have had shoutouts on websites, and by popular YouTubers, and I am still "only" at 3.4K subscribers. And that is probably better branding than any paid adverts can get you.

Reactions: javacentral

TommysToyRoom

Reaction score
I would recommend it once you have at least 2 dozen videos and all metadata optimized and cards and annotations setup. Adwords drives up to 100% earned views so you want to make sure you have cards pointed to playlists.
Thank you, I will wait until then.

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
KiddieToysReview wrote this on another thread about whether promoting on twitter, but it's really a good analogy. I was just recently experimenting with adwords on the Youtube platform and while I did get a handful of subs the results weren't that great because I think it was just showing the ad to everyone. I recommend you check the other thread to learn how to narrow it down to your specified keywords. Luckily I was only playing around with $5-$10. But this tip can save you a lot of money. I can only imagine that your results will be even more disappointing than mine if you advertised on other platforms.
That is a great analogy! And I'll have to check out that thread. I know I could definitely use some work on my keywords and SEO. Thank you so much for sharing this.