Best recording device to record Xbox & Playstation3 Gameplay?

Olly Green

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So as the title says, whats the best thing to use to record xbox & playstation gameplay? :)
also, in 720p please! thankyou :p

VoltageDSG

You will not win, for I will not lose.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
HD PVR or Elgato Game Capture.

A lot of people prefer Elgato Game Capture over the HD PVR though.

UnitedF1HD

i <3 YTTalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
hd pvr 2 !!!!

SamaJaffa

Just some E[PIC]nglish guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Elgato has really good quality and has an amazing software which is much better than the software for the PVR (in my opinion). It also works on both the Mac and the PC just in case you use either one. But, you can get the Roxio HD Pro which is cheaper and has great quality. The software is easy to use as well. Lastly, there is the PVR but I think the Elgato and the Roxio are much better

Reactions: VoltageDSG

Olly Green

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Elgato has really good quality and has an amazing software which is much better than the software for the PVR (in my opinion). It also works on both the Mac and the PC just in case you use either one. But, you can get the Roxio HD Pro which is cheaper and has great quality. The software is easy to use as well. Lastly, there is the PVR but I think the Elgato and the Roxio are much better
the Roxio looks the best in my opinion, because its the cheapest one plus it looks the easiest to use, might buy that one! :)

ChimeraGamer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'd say go the Elgato route. It's vastly more reliable and will give yo 1080p or 720p. It's software won't crash. Its hardware won't die. It's a good purchase, and I highly recommend it.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
ALWAYS record in 1080p if you can.

You can easily scale down to 720p, and it will look good. But you can never scale 720p up and have the same be true.

Reactions: Olly Green