Best quality settings for YouTube videos using Sony Vegas Pro 10 - 1080p HD

I remember when start with Sony Vegas this was my main problem^^ anyway good tutorial for beginners :)

Hi, good comments.
I use Vegas and what I did first was to make real sure that my project settings were 100% corresponding to what my camera was recording in. So I made my own project template first and then a corresponding custom rendering template which also reflected my camera settings. I found this gave me the best quality video and fixed most of my video quality mistakes, like blurring etc. This is also why I made sure to buy a camera that filmed in the resolution i wanted.

I have to admit this thread is very old and back then I thought this was the best quality settings to use for YouTube, no way is it lol I recommend using MainConcept AAC MP4 with a high bitrate now :)

Those are my exact settings to :D

Something I do is alternate between bitrates, I learned a while back that a higher bitrate ensures that the video is fairly future proof compared to those with really low bitrates. If I have many hours to upload a video I tend to render with a higher bitrate and if I need it uploaded asap then I go with a lower one but where the quality pretty much looks the same. It is the difference between a 3 hour upload for a 7 minute video and an hour for the same video, if I have the time though I always choose the higher bitrate and wait it out. Sadly my ISP throttles uploading from 4pm to 11pm which can double the upload time easily.

Something I do is alternate between bitrates, I learned a while back that a higher bitrate ensures that the video is fairly future proof compared to those with really low bitrates. If I have many hours to upload a video I tend to render with a higher bitrate and if I need it uploaded asap then I go with a lower one but where the quality pretty much looks the same. It is the difference between a 3 hour upload for a 7 minute video and an hour for the same video, if I have the time though I always choose the higher bitrate and wait it out. Sadly my ISP throttles uploading from 4pm to 11pm which can double the upload time easily.

That's a good tip. I always try to wait it out. 1.30 am in the morning at 96% uploaded :banghead2:, so I might use this tip in the future. Thanks :up2:

Back