Best method to gain subscribers

kevinboston7

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have tried a lot of things over the years to gain a lot of subscribers I have been doing YouTube for 3 years so I'm just wondering what is the best method to gain subscribers is it a call to action in the middle of the video a call to action at the beginning of the video or call of action at the end of the video or is it not a cause of action at all and do you just have to post a reminder in the comments or is it something completely different that I'm missing here any feedback would be appreciated

Gate of Theories

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would say just asking at start and end. Also make sure you promote your videos well and tag them well. Cause the more views you get the more subs you get.

Reactions: kevinboston7

kevinboston7

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would say just asking at start and end. Also make sure you promote your videos well and tag them well. Cause the more views you get the more subs you get.
Thx[DOUBLEPOST=1524436817,1524436795][/DOUBLEPOST]
I never like people who ask for a sub at the beginning of a video. I mean why should a viewer subscribe if they haven't even watched your content yet. I say call to action at the end but that's just me.
Thx

Reactions: Gate of Theories

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I would say that you could have a look around in the forums to see the amount of tips and tricks that already have been written.
I´m saying this because the moderators will say the same thing and close the thread, because the question has been asked a lot!

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't know "how" but I can tell "how not".
Don't ask friends and family!
:) XD :p
They will subscribe and in the beginning might check you out but...
in time they usually become inactive, so they do not help with the algorithm and so....
The opposite you might say...
If someone like your content he/she will subscribe and check you out.
:)

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
calls to action are all well and good, but content is king, make good content + have good seo = subscribers

kevinboston7

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't know "how" but I can tell "how not".
Don't ask friends and family!
:) XD :p
They will subscribe and in the beginning might check you out but...
in time they usually become inactive, so they do not help with the algorithm and so....
The opposite you might say...
If someone like your content he/she will subscribe and check you out.
:)
Most of my family doesn't even know about my YouTube channel and the ones that do don't subscribe I have one friend of mine that subscribes but thanks for the tips[DOUBLEPOST=1524482609,1524482592][/DOUBLEPOST]
calls to action are all well and good, but content is king, make good content + have good seo = subscribers
I see thank you for the advice

Reactions: videoeditgr

Jim Baugh

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Just IMHO! But because of the new demands on getting subs, a lot of channels are CONSTANTLY asking in the video for subs and likes and it gets really old. Even channels with HUGE numbers. For me, it is more appealing to the viewer, me, to have the sub logo as branding, and fine to put a sub link and type for an ask in the description. For me that is ok and not bothersome. But now it seems that at the end of every video out there people are pitching subs verbaly. Not long ago this would have been fine because so few did it. Now it is a bore. Just a guess, but 30 years of broadcast experience tells me not to p**s off your audience. One way is not to ***** them out with every video pleading for subs on camera. Also I noticed that the high quality channel, and the crap channel, end the same way pitching for subs. this I think brings down the channels that are quality, sort of guilt by association. YT changes daily, best thing is to produce top knotch content that has an audience, promote it and give it a LOT of time.
Just my 2 cents. Godspeed, JB

kevinboston7

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just IMHO! But because of the new demands on getting subs, a lot of channels are CONSTANTLY asking in the video for subs and likes and it gets really old. Even channels with HUGE numbers. For me, it is more appealing to the viewer, me, to have the sub logo as branding, and fine to put a sub link and type for an ask in the description. For me that is ok and not bothersome. But now it seems that at the end of every video out there people are pitching subs verbaly. Not long ago this would have been fine because so few did it. Now it is a bore. Just a guess, but 30 years of broadcast experience tells me not to p**s off your audience. One way is not to ***** them out with every video pleading for subs on camera. Also I noticed that the high quality channel, and the crap channel, end the same way pitching for subs. this I think brings down the channels that are quality, sort of guilt by association. YT changes daily, best thing is to produce top knotch content that has an audience, promote it and give it a LOT of time.
Just my 2 cents. Godspeed, JB
Interesting thoughts I have put links to subscribe in my description before that I got from tubebuddy and tubebuddy tells you how many people click on those links for me it was no one maybe that's just me but it seems like either people are not looking at my description or they are looking at it too fast to subscribe but I'll keep doing it and we'll see if it goes up but I don't think asking for Subs in the video is begging or bothersome I think it's just a reminder because people tend to forget even if they want to subscribe to you I know I have found channels I want to subscribe to but I have forgotten to before but anyway thanks for the advice