Best Inexpensive Cameras that Record 4K Video

John Stenger

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this exists but I'm wondering, are there any Inexpensive cameras out there that are capable of 4K Video, fairly good Audio recording with an external microphone Jack, and maybe even Image Stabilization? In all of my research, it seems that there is always something lacking in the reviews of these cheaper Still/Video cameras! DSLR's, Compacts, Mirrorless, ..even phone cameras!

Last edited:

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
External microphone jack is something that for some unfathomable reason only gets included on high end cameras and action cams. I have a Lumix FZ-300 with 4k and mic jack etc, but new price is well over $400 US. Buying it secondhand got the price down to below $200 US.

So look at near new second hand cameras to make this affordable.

Reactions: CreativeLucidity

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Good questions John. What do you use now? Mobile phone or a cheaper dslr? Do you really want to go to 4k. For editing you will have to consider upgrading computer/laptop processing power, and your storage. You'll need bigger memory cards and more hard drive storage, and or more patience?.. as you wait forever for your video files to render/save?

Reactions: videoeditgr

Vedstedsen

Globus Travellus
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I bought a 800€'ish camera, for 4k and image stabilization.

IS is amazing but I don't use 4k, it takes too much space, harder editing and don't have more than 30 fps. So if you want 4k and make slowmo footage you need to pay alot.

What do you need it for? Whats your budget?

The Unwanted Letter

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Capable of 4k yeah man, good mic inputs, honestly most of the preamps on dslrs aren't crazy good but all of them will be just good enough, and image stabilization im pretty sure you can get that feature with a lens an inexpensive camera with in body stabilization along with these other features is realllllllllllly tough to find

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
cheaper Still/Video cameras!
Nothing to suggest on models.

But. Just a decade before people were shooting on tapes, edited with almost nothing available today and still managed to have the job done! So any cheapo todays fullHD with optical stabilization camera is in fact a masterpiece. It is just that all this new technology seems to make us think that we use crappy yesterday,s equipment. Think again if you need 4K. As UhoohExtra says. Then you will need a new powerful editing computer. Even later you will "need" a steadycam or gimbal, next... Next... An endless loop....

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Depends what your using this for I guess. Most people are gonna watch your youtube content at auto 720 or 1080 no matter what you upload it at, as they are not going to want to send their cpus crazy by letting content play at higher resolution. My little MacBook drives me crazy with it's fans making a right racket if I am watching something above 1080 on youtube.

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
I would say it also depends on the type of content you are producing. If I could only have one camera it would probably be a GoPro Hero 6. Not the best option for indoor filming but a lot you can do outdoors and indoors. I am also going to agree with comments made by others. As somebody that started YouTube gearing up for 4K content I can say it adds more complexity in terms of hardware, cost and file storage management. Just keep that in mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mister20seven