Best Free Video Editing Software?

IGotTheMeats

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a software that can splice together clips, audio, and export to a youtube supported format. I'm really looking for the best free software out there. I'm running on windows 10 which means they got rid of movie maker. Movie maker is really all I need (and before I get roasted, no, I don't plan to do something that simple forever, and I am aware that movie maker sucks).

Do you guys have any suggestions?

I've tried Davinci Resolve, but it would never export correctly.
I really like Filmora, but the water mark is more than enough to turn me away.

Let me know what you guys think!

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm using Win 10 and still using Movie Maker, so idk why you can't use it.

MickyLee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use a software called Hitfilm 4 Express. It's free and you can use it to edit and composite (special effects). They also have their own youtube channel which uploads tutorials frequently. It's so powerful for something that is free.

GroovyMotion

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
@IGotTheMeats I use both DaVinco Resolve and HitFilm Express and Handbrake. The greatest advantage of Resolve is it's Retime tool which is very professional! You just export as a Quicktime with a fairly high quality, then load in Handbrake and export as MP4. One important thing when creating the export settings in Resolve is to make sure single clip is selected and under the audio tab it is activated, or else you get a video only.

tonyphan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I am using Final Cut Pro X, the software is pretty easy to use. But sometimes, a lots of bugs which makes me have to restart the software. Quite annoying sometimes...

6StringMadMan

I've Got It
Reaction score
I had the same problem with Windows Movie Maker. It sucks when you get used to using a software and then it's no longer available. I use Filmora right now, but for a free one you may want to try Shotcut.

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had the same problem with Windows Movie Maker. It sucks when you get used to using a software and then it's no longer available. I use Filmora right now, but for a free one you may want to try Shotcut.
Why is everyone having issues with Movie Maker? I've been using Win 10 since day one, and I'm still able to use MM with no issue.

6StringMadMan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Why is everyone having issues with Movie Maker? I've been using Win 10 since day one, and I'm still able to use MM with no issue.
I don't know if it's because I am on a 64-bit system, but I tried to get it to work for weeks with no luck.

6StringMadMan

I've Got It
Reaction score
I'm on a 64 bit system also though.
That's strange. I know that there are a lot of other people who had the same problem as I did. I searched far and wide and every download that I tried wouldn't install correctly. Do you remember where you got the download from? Or was it already installed on your system?