Best fonts for thumbnails?

Yo Carlo!

Go for condensed and bold fonts. You tend to be able to get the most readable..ness in a thumbnail with the boldness and the condensed...ness makes it easier to fit your whole text in the thumbnail without it taking up too much horizontal space.

My personal recomendation is DIN Condensed and DIN Alternate. Extra light fonts like Quicksand can also be nice but are often to thin to see in a tiny thumbnail.

Here's some of DIN Condesed and Alternate for you to ponder over:
11222332_886318784789332_5384709729127281561_o.png

maxresdefault.jpg

DINCondensed.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

(Btw how on earth do we resize images on here? xD)

Hope that helps ya out! I personally love this font and always end up coming back to it :D

- Joel

dafont are great. You probably have some good fonts already on your computer though. Impact with an outer glow in a contrasting colour to the font works well.

Lots of good advice already given I'd recommend a sans-serif font that's clear to read like Arial, Arial Black, or Impact. Using a white font color with a black boarder is the easiest combination to read. Making the text bold if possible will also help make the words clear.

we use picmonkey to make all our thumbnails! And I like impact which is just a basic font, but it's big and easy to read :)

I'm going pretty mainstream with white bold Arial with black outline and some background from the game im currently recording. (i'm a gaming youtuber)

Back