Best fonts for thumbnails?

DutchMash

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Arial Black will do everything just fine. I usually add a bit of shadow and depth as well.

VanCityVideo

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Bebas nueueueueue with a bit of a drop shadow to make it stand out. Maybe even add a tasteful gradient if you're in the mood, and if it matches the rest of your thumbnail.

KrypticCliff

Did I Hear Horror?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Bold fonts that stand out are probably your best bet, unless the font absolutely matches the theme of the thumbnail.

Perro V

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
Avengeance Mightiest Avenger and Komika Axis are two good fonts that I use. Gamers and other Tubers alike use those.

DeadGuy

Reaction score
You could always choose one font for your channel and just use it on all your thumbnails. It gives out impression that your channel is one unique brand. Just choose something that describes you and your channel. I know that that might be difficult to do with just letter shapes, but it's worth it.

slaingamer

Reaction score
Go to google type in free fonts there are many fonts and find something you like download and install then in PS you can use the drop shadow and the stroke effects to the text and it should come up nice!!

elleandish

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
BEBAS
Impact
Anime Ace Bold (or a similar comic-book type font)
... or any fonts that are thick, bold and impactful. All caps can work with short phrases too.

I think what also works is having white/yellow text, then add a black rectangle behind the text.

Monsoon

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use paint.net for all my thumbnails because its free plus the big plugin pack is kickass. Lets me do everything a lot easier then photoshop.

As for fonts go to:
Im gunna try you advice. Hey i clicked on your link and it said channel didnt exist but then i clicked the video and youtube and it took me to your channel. I love the channle but don't know why i go the other route[DOUBLEPOST=1441528107,1441527992][/DOUBLEPOST]
I like chunkier fonts the most myself for thumbnails as most of them are easy to read, skinny fonts tend to blend too easily into the thumbnail imagery and its harder to make it stand out. I use dafont most of the time too.
Totally Agree[DOUBLEPOST=1441528258][/DOUBLEPOST]
Bebas nueueueueue with a bit of a drop shadow to make it stand out. Maybe even add a tasteful gradient if you're in the mood, and if it matches the rest of your thumbnail.
@VanCityVideo great videos. Def a new sub! I love that intro. I gotta get an intro slide. i've been wrestling with how to do it.