Best Facecam Angle

Byjenkz

Reaction score
what is the best way to position my webcam , I see a lot of big youtubers out there face cams to the side of them so the webcam is recording them from the side ( if there's a click and 12 o'clock is looking at your monitor they will put the webcam at like 3-4 o'clock , I have been posistioning mine dead in front of me .

Is there a reason they position it to the right or left ? And should I do it aswell

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the video recording forum. ^_^ The YTtalk support discussion forum is for forum-specific questions and comments. :)

HalieCakes

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I move mine slightly to the left of me..just how my lighting is..For me I have all my cute stuff behind me, but if it was directly behind me it would distract people..That's why I have the empty space to the other side.

Hope this helps! This is why I do it, not sure why others do lol

Byjenkz

Reaction score
I move mine slightly to the left of me..just how my lighting is..For me I have all my cute stuff behind me, but if it was directly behind me it would distract people..That's why I have the empty space to the other side.

Hope this helps! This is why I do it, not sure why others do lol
I have got a greenscreen coming tomorrow so do you think the camera angle would not make a difference on a greenscreen or do you think the camera slightly to the left is better so to not so full for the people watching cause it's not straight in front of me ?

datguyonYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The reason why they do it it's because you have to give the camera your best angle, specifically when using a high definition camera (1920x1080 or above).
Not all people look good in the same angle, for example some people look terrible from the side but look great from the front. Play with the camera and find the "sweet spot" for you.
Protip: regardless of your camera try to have a light facing you when recording, natural or white light would be better.

BeanTubes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It is all preference. i would like mine to the left of me while recording but with my current setup I have nothing to attack it too. So i got it looking at me straight on. it is completely up to you.

Byjenkz

Reaction score
Ok that's great then cause mine is straight on but it's better that way cause of my green screen , but I was just making sure there wasn't a huge reason most youtubers put it at an angle lol