Best editing software...

PitbullNorthC

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I am very new to youtubing and editing in general. I have been having a ton of fun thus far but I am only using windows live movie maker so far. I am trying to broaden what I can do in the videos and am wondering what advice people have as to what they use for editing. Dont want to spend a lot of money yet if I can avoid it. Free is good but I know there is a lot of times you get what you pay for.

PitbullNorthC

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
yeah i have read a few forums and this seems to be the unanimous answer really. I guess I may just have to invest the money to try it. I believe when i just clicked on the link for it, it did say it had a free trial. I dont know what this consist of but it is probably worth the try eh?

Primus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer
Kinda depends what you prefer...i started with Adobe Premier Pro and im still sticking with that

JohnKenShow

The YTTalk Godfather
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
It really depends what you want to do and what your plans are..
Remember the software is just a tool you are the artist. You make the art, not the software. So use what you are comfortable with and what you feel is the best for you.
I used to get into the edit software fights all the time AVID versus everybody.. But now that I have used pretty much every editing software that is out there I can say they all will get the job done, some come with added bells and whistles that are cool, but like I said it is you not the software that is creative.

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Designer
it really all depends on what your aiming for. Good one's i'd reccomend (sadly not free but some are cheap) sony vegas, camtasia studio, adobe premiere pro, avs video editor and pinnacle. The problem is there are no proper decent editing software that is free, but to be honest, using just windows is fine, I used it for a while and had a great outcome. Don't let software put you down, you still have a brain and a camera, so try make the best of it as you can, you'd be surprised by the cool stuff you can do with a camera, tripod and simple editing. :)

ManchildKart

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I like Sony Vegas along with Audacity (which is free) for editing audio

Silas Drake

Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
What I use is Cyberlink Powerdirector 11... It's a pretty basic and simple editing software, so it would be good for someone who is new to editing software. It tends to run real slow on me at times (I'm not sure if that's because of my computer or the software itself), but for the most part it gets the job done... What kind of videos are you trying to produce?