Best disclosure practices for amazon affiliate links in youtube description?

Cup of Tea

Reaction score
Hey guys I was hoping I could get a second opinion on amazon regarding affiliate links in the youtube description and proper disclosure.

To Be In Good Standing With Youtube: Does the video need to be marked as "Paid Promotion" if the video contains affiliate links in the description? I would think not since the video creator is not being paid to promote anything in the video, in the sense that being paid for a product review is very different than reviewing a product and adding an affiliate link in the description. Am I understanding that right?

To Be In Good Standing With Amazon: What's the proper way to disclose amazon affiliate links in the description of a youtube video? I know for websites people typically copy paste the relevant part of the amazon affiliate agreement stating that they're members of the affiliate program, but how is this typically done on youtube in the description section? Do people even disclose their partnership in the program, or just link straight to the products bypassing this? Isn't that technically going against the agreement?

Thanks a ton in advance for any insights you guys might be able to offer

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I always include the paid promotion statement/flag and a donated product review disclosure in the video description.

You are in a sense being paid with a donated product, plus YT can't tell if cash is involved as well, so it assumes it is.

I've had no issues doing this. Plus your viewers will appreciate it more if you are open and up front about product reviews.

You've nothing to lose by doing this and Adsense will be off your back. That's why they put those flags in the advanced section.

I have in the past had videos temporarily demonetised for not doing this. Do what I suggest and that will never happen again.

Put the Amazon, Banggood, Gearbest etc straight links in the video description and all will be roses.

Nothing else required.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silent Phill