Best Day To Post?

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
So I just started YouTube but I want to stick to a weekly schedule. What day/time have you found to be the best days to post? (also if you could specify the time zone that'd be great too.) Currently I have Tuesday at noon pst scheduled (starting May 8), but I'm not sure if that is a good time.

Any tips would be amazing! Thank you so much

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I really don't think it matters. I post Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at noon PST. Unless your videos get picked up on recommended feeds and the like, your subscribers are going to be watching no matter when you post.

Reactions: BossHogg FGF

BossHogg FGF

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I really don't think it matters. I post Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at noon PST. Unless your videos get picked up on recommended feeds and the like, your subscribers are going to be watching no matter when you post.
I see bigger gaming channels doing this as well. Tuesday afternoon is a big one as well.

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think it can very much depend on your audience. For me, I've noticed that my view velocity gets a significant boost on the weekends, so the best days by far for me to post are Saturday and Sunday, Friday can also be good. My daily view pattern starts to rise at about 5 am EST and then drops off mid afternoon. It's strange but my audience is somewhat spread out between coutnries such as Romania and India with the US and UK also representing. But literally my view velocity rises by over 30% on the weekends quite often. The worst day for me is Monday so sometimes I intentionally don't post on that day.

I use morningfame to get this data, but you also have to consider other factors like when a video was just really good or bad and perhaps the timing had less to do with the result.

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I have no fixed post times or "schedule". I upload my videos after they're done.
My steps of video creation are (in that order): recording, voice-over if it's a narrated video, cutting/editing/titling, thumbnail creation, uploading to YT, editing meta data and end screen, publishing. Usually this takes 5 to 10 hours per video depending on length and complexity.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Having gone over my own videos; I see no pattern. IE My 'top 10' vids have been released at all different times / days of the week.
But I think if I was only going to release 1 vid a week I would drop it on a Friday.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I depends on the audience IMO. My videos are not being wtached as much in the weekend as in weekdays so I try to uploaded in weekdays. But to be honest I dont think it matters that much but that just my point of view

Luvan Blignaut

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have also seen an quick spike in views Friday mornings around 6am SAST. But then again if you don’t have the dedicated subs yet...promoting on groups and joining in conversations will be your best choice.

Good luck on your journey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Like @OrbitGuy Saturdays get the most views for me, then Sundays, then Fridays. Mondays are always the worst. I've also found that on weekdays 3pm is the peak view time, whereas it is 8am on weekends. I upload daily, but I upload at these times on these days. But this is for my channel and my audience, but I'm also in PST.