Best Cover Art Dimensions To Fit Your Entire Cover Art On Every Device?

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I recently changed my cover art but on my tablet it cuts off my social media images on there, but on my laptop it all fits perfectly and looks really nice same as if I look at youtube on my phone from the browser

I cannot seem to find a dimension so my viewers can view my entire cover art if on a tablet (I have a 9.7 inch tablet I don't know if that's the only reason as the screen is very large)

I cannot make it any smaller as it won't let me so should I just leave it?

ItsBecky

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
yeah ive googled it and all that, I just cant seem to find a dimension that works on large tablets it seems, also when I resized my image too 1546 x 423 it said it was too small and wouldn't let me do it

Riddikore

Overseer of Earth Realm
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
when I resized my image too 1546 x 423 it said it was too small and wouldn't let me do it
Yeah the image you upload should be 2560 x 1440. Then within that, the tablet safe area is 1855 x 423 (or the mobile/desktop is 1546 x 423).

It helps if you use their template as a background first. Paste it into your editing software. Then build your banner on top of it within the outlined dimensions you choose. Then cut out or cover up the rest of the template you're not using (make it all white or all black or whatever you'd like). As long as the final image is still 2560 x 1440.

ItsBecky

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yeah the image you upload should be 2560 x 1440. Then within that, the tablet safe area is 1855 x 423 (or the mobile/desktop is 1546 x 423).

It helps if you use their template as a background first. Paste it into your editing software. Then build your banner on top of it within the outlined dimensions you choose. Then cut out or cover up the rest of the template you're not using (make it all white or all black or whatever you'd like). As long as the final image is still 2560 x 1440.
okay thankyou :)