Best Camera For Vlogging?

Luve Priscilla

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru, Vlogger, Reviewer
I would even suggest to use your phone for vlogging if you're trying to save money. I agree with what some people have already said- its all about the content you put out. I've seen so many people with a lot of subbies filming off their phones/web cams. In reality most phones now a days film at high resolution- so why waste $ on another product... plus its more convenient having one item on you instead of carrying around two... especially when it comes to vlogging..

Reactions: B4Astudios

3 Schmoes

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
If you are just looking for a small digital camera to vlog, I use a Canon Powershot Elph110HS. It's a great camera to vlog on, and it can record in 1080p HD. I have noticed some of the vloggers I watch (CTFxC, BfvsGf) both have the same exact camera as me.
I have one of these. It's awesome.

Reactions: PressRecord

Pearl

Sleepyhead~
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Make sure that you make your threads in the correct section. Moved here.

Tyggs

The Boy Who Was Named After An Animal
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger
If you're a follow-me-around type of vlogger who records yourself doing your every-day chores and trials, like visiting a friend or going to the market, it's probably not worth it to buy a camera specifically for vlogging. If you already use a smartphone (iPhones are great for this), just use that. Like Priscilla said, many big YouTubers (PointlessBlog, MarcusButlerTV, zoella, ThatcherJoe) use their iPhones to record their vlogs on their vlogging channels, and the quality's not bad at all. If you have the time, check out both one of Alfie's (PointlessBlog) vlogs and one of JoeyGraceffa's vlogs. Alfie uses an iPhone, whereas Joey uses a Canon Powershot (I believe). Compare the quality from there.

Personally, I use my smartphone for vlogs (which are now unlisted..) and my Canon 600D for everything else.

A nice thing to remember is to have a good case for your phone if you decide to use it.. dropping it makes for a comedic point in the video, but isn't necessarily worth it! ;)

B4Astudios

Queen Aiko Miyoko's Pet
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru, Designer, Animator
If you are just looking for a small digital camera to vlog, I use a Canon Powershot Elph110HS. It's a great camera to vlog on, and it can record in 1080p HD. I have noticed some of the vloggers I watch (CTFxC, BfvsGf) both have the same exact camera as me.
these look sweet! i use a microsoft life cam but to get 1080p i need to use the mjpeg codec and virtualdub. -.- very capable but constantly erasing files for space to record a small 1080p clip using mjpeg gets tiring -.-

KGATV

YASSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer

these look sweet! i use a microsoft life cam but to get 1080p i need to use the mjpeg codec and virtualdub. -.- very capable but constantly erasing files for space to record a small 1080p clip using mjpeg gets tiring -.-
I have the red one haha. I wanted the blue (it's my fav. color) or the black but they only had the red. It's an awesome camera to vlog on.

B4Astudios

Queen Aiko Miyoko's Pet
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru, Designer, Animator
I have the red one haha. I wanted the blue (it's my fav. color) or the black but they only had the red. It's an awesome camera to vlog on.
im looking for something like this as it would be a very big plus to record on the go or on exotic locations lol, being tethered to the pc sux and im so limited in range ughhhhh and oh gosh id love to buy the red and black ones to rip apart and mix the casings together to get uber cool red and black versions!!! ^_^

KGATV

YASSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
im looking for something like this as it would be a very big plus to record on the go or on exotic locations lol, being tethered to the pc sux and im so limited in range ughhhhh and oh gosh id love to buy the red and black ones to rip apart and mix the casings together to get uber cool red and black versions!!! ^_^
Haha that would be cool. On the expensive side, but cool haha.