Best Camera for Vlogging

vloggingtardis

Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm looking for a new camera for vlogging. Currently, I use a Canon G3X and it's great. The only problem is that it's mega heavy at 750 grams.

So I'm looking for a lightweight camera about half that ideally, but I'll settle for 200g off. It also must have a microphone input/headphone input/flip screen. 4k would be nice, but that's just a desirable.

Any such cameras exist?!

Thanks

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the Video Editing, Recording, Software & Hardware forum. :)

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I was going to suggest the Canon G7x Mark II, but that one doesn't have an external mic input n.n" Also doesn't do 4K, but is very light, portable, 1080 quality and flip up screen. The internal mic is pretty good, but can be lacking on windy days or very loud indoor spaces.

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
My recommendation is to look a the Panasonic LUMIX lineup. It depends on your budget but I would look at the new lumix g95 or even the g85 which now has a nice price tag. These are packed with a lot of nice features.

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I like the idea that the best camera is the one you actually have with you. For me - a good quality cell phone works great for YT vids. My last phone was a Samsung J5, I recently upgraded to a Huawei Nova 3i. It easily handles slow-mo, time lapse, FHD 1920x1080, 4 cameras... does everything I need it to do (and more).