Best Camera for $200-$300

YouTuber0127

Reaction score
Guys I have around $200-300 to invest in a camera or video camera. Do you think it would be wise to get a used Canon T3i with lenses/accessories, a new camcorder like the Canon Vixia HF R800, a new GoPro Hero5 or a new lower end new DLSR camera like a Canon PowerShot.

I want to keep the camera equipment/accessories under $300 and then invest another $100-$200 in lighting and sound. This is for a vlog channel that will mostly be indoor. What are your thoughts?

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
you could also consider using that budget to shop for a used camera that would be better spec?

ItsCynth

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was looking for something in that same price range and went with the Sony Cybershot WX500. I've used it for maybe two months now and I'm very happy with it! One thing that I would definitely recommend if you're going to film yourself is getting a camera with a tiltable screen. You can't attach an external microphone to this camera though, so you'd have to record audio separately, but I find the built-in mic is pretty good. Good luck with your search!

Reactions: YouTuber0127

Elpixion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I was looking for something in that same price range and went with the Sony Cybershot WX500. I've used it for maybe two months now and I'm very happy with it! One thing that I would definitely recommend if you're going to film yourself is getting a camera with a tiltable screen. You can't attach an external microphone to this camera though, so you'd have to record audio separately, but I find the built-in mic is pretty good. Good luck with your search!
thats $530 of my currency i was also kinda looking for a cheapish camera i like lumix ones and i actually use my camera as a mic when recording other stuff and link it in post and its a $230AUD difference for 2 extra MP even though my photography is mainly on 5MP or 8MP or even 3MP for HDR[DOUBLEPOST=1514930641,1514930624][/DOUBLEPOST]its a good camera but the price in AUD

ItsCynth

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
thats $530 of my currency i was also kinda looking for a cheapish camera i like lumix ones and i actually use my camera as a mic when recording other stuff and link it in post and its a $230AUD difference for 2 extra MP even though my photography is mainly on 5MP or 8MP or even 3MP for HDR[DOUBLEPOST=1514930641,1514930624][/DOUBLEPOST]its a good camera but the price in AUD
Hmm yeah that's pretty pricey. I actually got my camera on a 20% sale (then had an accident but bought the same one for cheap from a small non-franchise store). If you can find a small store, you can usually find way better deals than at the chain stores.

Elpixion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Hmm yeah that's pretty pricey. I actually got my camera on a 20% sale (then had an accident but bought the same one for cheap from a small non-franchise store). If you can find a small store, you can usually find way better deals than at the chain stores.
we have one store in our town and it happens to be the worst telecom store ever i had to wait for my pc to be fixed for 6 months (it doesnt help that my friend's dad owns the shop so i feel guilty about disliking it)
but i got my camera as a gift from my father back in 2014 or 2015 and didn't really use it until mid 2016 so ive had the same camera for around 4 years and it works as well as new and ive dropped it countless times

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I personally love the Canon Rebel cameras (only used the T1i and T5i) and the interchangeable settings and accessories make it very useful for a film maker. But while learning those DSLR cameras better I stuck with the (which go way above your price range) Canon Vixia HF G30 and Canon Vixia XA35 (since they are camcorders with auto settings). Both of which were amazing cameras from the Canon brand. For vlogging I'd recommend sticking with the Canon Rebel series since it will be able to do what you need and also put out good quality photos and video while staying within your price range as long as you buy the older models. =]

Elpixion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I personally love the Canon Rebel cameras (only used the T1i and T5i) and the interchangeable settings and accessories make it very useful for a film maker. But while learning those DSLR cameras better I stuck with the (which go way above your price range) Canon Vixia HF G30 and Canon Vixia XA35 (since they are camcorders with auto settings). Both of which were amazing cameras from the Canon brand. For vlogging I'd recommend sticking with the Canon Rebel series since it will be able to do what you need and also put out good quality photos and video while staying within your price range as long as you buy the older models. =]
yeah i do want a DSLR but because my family has nikon i have to buy a nikon one so i can use their lenses (they only have kit ones so im pretty sure its because they will want to use MY lenses cos im getting it with a wide angle) but the one i want is the lumix G7 as all my cameras are lumix so the chargers and software and everything will work

Reactions: Farley Productions

FatimasCuisine

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Guys I have around $200-300 to invest in a camera or video camera. Do you think it would be wise to get a used Canon T3i with lenses/accessories, a new camcorder like the Canon Vixia HF R800, a new GoPro Hero5 or a new lower end new DLSR camera like a Canon PowerShot.

I want to keep the camera equipment/accessories under $300 and then invest another $100-$200 in lighting and sound. This is for a vlog channel that will mostly be indoor. What are your thoughts?
--------

If $300 is your budget then you could look at the Panasonic HC-V180, but the camera does not record in 4K, it does HD 1080p.

Check the video in my signature it was shot using Panasonic HC-V180

Last edited: