Best affordable PC for video editing?

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
An I7 intel processor with 8 gig of dual channel ram and a reasonably fast graphics card will be as good as you can get for that money.

The I7 allows multi threading video processing to a greater degree than the I5 I currently use and find OK.

Get as fast an I7 as you can afford.

"The best value processor by far is the Core i7-8700K. It has 6 cores and 12 threads and its high turbo clock speed of 4.7GHz offers good performance for video editing. When coupled with a high performance video card, fast storage and lots of memory, this processor can help make an excellent video editing system" quoted from a web article entitled - How To Choose a Processor for Video Editing (Google it) .

So look at new and secondhand units that meet the above suggestion spec wise.

Frontier Forge

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I built my computer, and I found that I paid less than you would for a store bought computer and it outperforms some of the more high end store bought stuff.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don’t know how building computers work so I don’t want to go there.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This might be the best way to go if you want to get the most bang for your buck. 2 years ago when i was in the states with a tiny budget of $400 I built of a beast of a machine which i still use to this day. If i were to build it now it'd probably be cheaper seeing as how the prices for one of the most expensive parts the graphics card has nosedive in comparison to two years ago.

Reactions: Frontier Forge

Randy McKown

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer, Other
I bought the aspire 7 gaming version. 8th generation I7 with 16GB plus 6GB video. It can easily edit 4K video and I only paid a $1000.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk