Best affordable PC for video editing?

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
I’m sure there are LOTS of threads for this so @Crown if there is a big chunky one, please forgive me and push me in that direction please? ❤

But my laptop has finally taken its last breath and I’m now in the market for a PC seeing as they seem to be more durable.
I don’t have a crap ton of money, so I’d like to keep it under 1,000. And I don’t know how building computers work so I don’t want to go there. I thought about an HP all in one, honestly because aesthetics and space lol but I’m sure that’s not a good direction to go.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
TLDR; Any suggestions for a PC under $1,000 with suitable specs for video editing?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Reactions: Crown

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
Probably hit best buy,if I remember right anything thats an i5 and over 2g ram is usually good but dont quote me. Oh and great to see you again its been a while

Reactions: CristyTango

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would say for video editing, you want a processor with at least 4 cores, and I would recommend getting 8gb of ram. Another thing would be to consider an SSD/HDD combo, so you could have fast load up times, and faster render times. Here is a Part List for a PC that is in your budget, with some wiggle room so that you can upgrade parts if you want. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JNstyX

Reactions: Fost

JSRG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Get a pentium 4 and 512 mb of ram. You won't be disappointed

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
Probably hit best buy,if I remember right anything thats an i5 and over 2g ram is usually good but dont quote me. Oh and great to see you again its been a while
Yeah I went home for Christmas so I was hanging with family. :)

Reactions: Fost

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
I might be a litle bias since I have been buying Dell PCs most of my life, but take a look at the Aurora desktop series. You always get more for your buck if you custom build it yourself, but just like you that's a project I do not want to take on. I have an Alienware desktop and a XPS 15 and I love these PCs. Also, as somebody that has had many interactions with Dell's customer service I can say they stand behind their products strong. You can custom build directly from their website, but never buy at full price, they run offers on holidays and every now and then, typically with better deals than Best Buy and Amazon.

For specs I would try really hard to get an 8th generation intel processor, this was a significant jump in performance, 8 gb of ram at least. If you are editing 1080p you should have great overall options on that budget.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Randy McKown

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer, Other
It's close to $1000 .. I paid $1100 for an Aspire 7 (the gaming model) .. 8th gen i7 .. 6 Cores .. 16GB ... 6GB GTX video card .. 256GB SSD + 1 TB HDD .. Renders out 4K footage no problem.