Beginner idea help

Pianistelle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hi, I'm new to uploading on youtube, and have started to do classical music covers, so far I've managed to get 55 subs in three days, which isn't bad, but my views seem to be well....a bit hit and miss!
I wondered whether I was doing anything wrong, and if someone could maybe take a look at my layout, and maybe give me some advice on how I could improve my content? I'd be forever grateful. I don't have any friends that edit so I haven't really got anyone to help me, I'm sort of just experimenting at the moment.
Also, am I uploading the right sort of content? I play alsorts of music, not just classical, but I'm struggling to find a niche....I love film and gaming music also but copyright is a bit of an issue on youtube and I've noticed others have had theirs taken down, hence the reason I chose classical - copyright free.
I'd love advice/ constructive criticism and any help that you could all give.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hi, I'm new to uploading on youtube, and have started to do classical music covers, so far I've managed to get 55 subs in three days, which isn't bad, but my views seem to be well....a bit hit and miss!
I wondered whether I was doing anything wrong, and if someone could maybe take a look at my layout, and maybe give me some advice on how I could improve my content? I'd be forever grateful. I don't have any friends that edit so I haven't really got anyone to help me, I'm sort of just experimenting at the moment.
Also, am I uploading the right sort of content? I play alsorts of music, not just classical, but I'm struggling to find a niche....I love film and gaming music also but copyright is a bit of an issue on youtube and I've noticed others have had theirs taken down, hence the reason I chose classical - copyright free.
I'd love advice/ constructive criticism and any help that you could all give.

Hi, welcome to YTtalk.

I've moved your thread to the review / feedback forum. :)

For future reference: - Please note that the review forum is the only forum where active YTtalk members can ask for feedback on their videos and channel (including artwork) at the rate of no more than 1 request per week. We like to keep this sort of thread out of the main forums. :) If the review request complies with the review forum rules (at the top of the review forum), then they get approved by a member of staff.

Good luck.

Pianistelle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Oh, thankyou! I'll try to take note for future posts

Cristy Ella

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
your sub to veiw ratio is actually really good. That means almost everyone who watches is subbing. With only 2 videos and being a newish channel things can start out slow but you're actually going really well.

Holydoom96

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Gonna be honest, kinda jealous that you got that many subs in just 3 days lol, i'd say keep going that way for now since it works, and then wait till you hit a stand still and then try see if you need to change something, for now i'd say you all good.

Reactions: Cristy Ella

MudanTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Your videos are inconsistent? You have two videos up and doing covers is pretty okay but your second one, the College Grade 8, I don't understand what that had to do with the video at all and half way through, the sound just completely stopped.
It is a good thing to watch your videos through before publishing them, that helps.
I don't think you can just start off with a nieche, you just have to do a lot of videos and that's a thing you'll discover over time.

Matt Landi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Love your playing, there is some really nice delicacy at moments and the runs seem effortless. Maybe don't do sub for sub? As subscribers will just want their sub count to go up and won't be there purely for your videos. Other than that, it all sounds great, I love that kind of music and you do it some nice justice!

Pianistelle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Thanks guys, really appreciate the input :) I'll sort out the grade eight issue, not sure what happened with that, but when I uploaded it Filmora had a bit of a tantrum and didn't upload it right....as it plays fine on my phone :)