Beginner Goal ideas?

ThaRealMulli

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
I am about to start up my YouTube and was wondering what would be some good goal starters to look forward to? (i.e., likes, subs, etc.)

Or should I not even worry about those for now and just go with the flow?

I’m creating this channel more out of fun and hoping to pass along some good vibes and make people’s day. It’ll be my life while traveling and all the other shanties I get into. My friends all love me for my positivity because I can brighten the mood at anytime and so I’m looking to bring this forth into my videos and hopefully pass along this same positivity to others.

Thank you for any and all info. It’s greatly appreciated!

Ater

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The rule section for the milestone forum have a lot of good goals:

But your number one goal should be to have fun.

Reactions: ThaRealMulli

ThaRealMulli

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
The rule section for the milestone forum have a lot of good goals:

But your number one goal should be to have fun.
That’s where I was going to post this, but thought it was for already existing channels that have tons of likes, subs, and views. Guess I should open the book before I judge it

Thanks for the help

DIY Reid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
I believe you need to define what your goals are. If you ask what others think your goal is then you're not longer doing it for yourself. You'll find much more enjoyment out of doing it for yourself than doing it for others.

ThaRealMulli

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
I believe you need to define what your goals are. If you ask what others think your goal is then you're not longer doing it for yourself. You'll find much more enjoyment out of doing it for yourself than doing it for others.
Totally agree with you on this, thank you :)

I had just wanted to only get more of a foundation so to speak of what I should be looking towards goal wise instead of exact goals laid out for me.

DIY Reid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Totally agree with you on this

I had just wanted to only get more of a foundation so to speak of what I should be looking towards goal wise instead of exact goals laid out for me.
Start with your first goal being actually starting your channel. :D

DIY Reid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Haha yes! First step is definitely that :laugh2:
I think too many people worry too much before they get started that it gets in the way of actually starting it and learning along the way.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Try to make your goals about the process (Example: "I will make 2 good quality videos per week for the next month") rather than result-based goals (Example: "I will get 50 new subs for the next month") because you can control the process but you can't control the results. :)

ThaRealMulli

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
I think too many people worry too much before they get started that it gets in the way of actually starting it and learning along the way.
Exactly and to be honest that actually has been what’s holding me back. I freak too much thinking about what others will think of me, but what’s more important is my Goals, Dreams, and Life, not minuscule things like people’s thoughts.