Before you give up

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I’ve been seeing so many of you guys on here lately saying you want to give up making videos because you’re not getting enough views or subscribers and that actually makes kinda of sad to see that you’re feeling defeated.

I know that feelin you put all your hard work into something and it feels like you’re not getting anywhere. you don’t feel good enough at it’s starting to get you and then you want to give up.

Before you give up ask yourselves these questions

Why did you make a channel in the first place? .......... if your answer is because of money and fame well that’s your very first mistake right there, that’s one of the worst reasons do youtube and you will come out feeling very disappointed with your outcome.

If you’re answer is because of fun, passion and you want to be creative with whatever your nich Is then hold on to that if you’re having fun with what you’re creating then that is a awesome thing, even if you’re channel isn’t growing but you’re happy with your hobby don’t give up!

Has YouTube helped you in any way?

For me YouTube has helped me come out of my shell, I use to be really shy and I didn’t want to talk to anyone because I was bullied so I was afraid that no one would would ever like me. Two years later after creating my channel I’m more outspoken than I ever was, I’m not afraid to be myself and I really don’t care what others have to say about me. YouTube has given me more than money and fame could ever buy and that is a voice!

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Because this is YouTube-related, I've moved it to the main YouTube forums. :)

I think YouTube has helped me be more comfortable being me. I speak a little better, and I feel more comfortable making decisions. Once I realized I'd have happy people and upset people regardless of what decision I make, I learned that it's best to just do whatever makes yourself happy. I feel like that lesson isn't really learned very quickly outside of producing online content...

Liam O’Doyle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Vlogger, Reviewer
Awesome post. I needed something in my life that wasn’t going to work or eating or sleeping. Watched a few vloggers and thought they’re lives looked fun because they were finding stuff to do to nake videos about. Started straight away and was hooked inmediately. After 6 months i have 64 sub, which isnt a lot - but thats not why i’m in it. Iv met a lot of other youtubers, collab’d with 7 other channels in one big video, i’ve learned to edit, and done it all with my iphone.

I don’t think i’ll ever stop making videos. It’s everything I wanted it to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Courtney Candice

MarcNL

Reaction score
I agree with the posters above. For me I just love travelling but I wanted to share it more then just stories. So I started to make the vlogs. I'm a small channel (still) but I don't mind. And the occasional dislike I get sometimes I take it in stride. I stand by my content so I don't really care about that :) Plus I'm learning more and more about editing and I really enjoy doing it.

Kwantabile

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
For me, YouTube will help me bring my creative ideas to life. But also to meet new people I wouldn't have met otherwise, and to show them little bits of my inner/imaginary universe.

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I started my channel, in fact, I've started a lot of things because I have a message that I want to get out there and without views and subscribers, that simply can't be done. Yes, I enjoy making videos, but without the ability to spread that message, all I'm really doing is treading water.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Awesome post. I needed something in my life that wasn’t going to work or eating or sleeping. Watched a few vloggers and thought they’re lives looked fun because they were finding stuff to do to nake videos about. Started straight away and was hooked inmediately. After 6 months i have 64 sub, which isnt a lot - but thats not why i’m in it. Iv met a lot of other youtubers, collab’d with 7 other channels in one big video, i’ve learned to edit, and done it all with my iphone.

I don’t think i’ll ever stop making videos. It’s everything I wanted it to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks!:)[DOUBLEPOST=1520959629,1520959449][/DOUBLEPOST]
I haven't launched my channel yet but posts like yours make me very motivated and eager to start. Thank you!
You’re welcome, I’m glad I can help!:)

Kylie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
loved this post! I was beginning to feel silly and discouraged putting all this time into recording and marketing my videos, but this post reminded me of why i did it in the first place! Thank you!

Reactions: Devin