Before choosing the name of your YouTube channel

Broccoli Shmoccoli

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Is there any kind of a preventive measure you can take before choosing the name of your YouTube channel to somehow test it and determine if the chances for the need to change it appearing down the line are high? (apart from trademarking)

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I wouldn't worry about it. If you need to change it you need to change it. It's not likely to be a source of viewers anyway. Think about how many big channels there are with odd or random names, nobody was searching for them, but they are now, all because of the good videos.

And, I don't think I have ever discovered a channel by its name. Ever. Even once.

I'm getting eager to see what you come up with, its either going to be mind-blowing after all this research or there is just going to be endless years of research :)

Reactions: Broccoli Shmoccoli

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
In addition to visiting a trademark database, don't underestimate the power of searches.

Simply Google whatever name you're thinking of calling yourself. If it has multiple words, make sure to put them into quotes.

Depending on the name, I would also consider searching Amazon (or similar sites) to make sure your name hasn't been used on a product.

Reactions: Broccoli Shmoccoli

Broccoli Shmoccoli

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Guys thank you! Your answers all help me!

I'm getting eager to see what you come up with, its either going to be mind-blowing after all this research or there is just going to be endless years of research :)
Lol... :bounce: Oh my God...

Remember, if there's hairs that need splitting, than hairs you need to split!

Actually, there's another group of questions coming....