Been using Sony Vegas Pro 8 for about 5 years now - cause of baldness

solyentbrak1

Reaction score
Iv a passion for making fan made trailers, I love love the whole editing process and piecing footage together to create something new, but when it comes to save, man alive its the most stressful thing iv ever encountered, some Vegas just trolls me for no reason as it wont give me a reason to WHY its crashed, I wont post all the problems because I have to leave soon and wanna remain calm lol, but now and then I get it working.

Anyway, all I wanted to ask is are the later versions more stable, or should I change software altogether? What do some of you guys use to edit? Thanks for any feedback!

unknown_user54763965546

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Try to reinstall or repair the installation program.. if still happen, uninstall, clear all about sony vegas in registry, install same version, or newer version. If still happen, you can try another video editor. I use light video editor like Videopad and camtasia.

PerringtonBear

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
i use adobe premier, but thats not always the best choice because of price

solyentbrak1

Reaction score
Iv literally tried every solution out there, its just totally hit and miss now when it comes to saving, whats weird is for ages it was fine, and then it just went weird, all on the same laptop, ill probably end up using another program tho, just takes me forever to get my head around something new

5arg

3n3rgy Dance Music
Reaction score
I'm using Vegas Pro 11 and didn't have any problems with it :)

BronySinc

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I never had a problem with Vegas Pro 11 when I used it so I wouldn't know but I would just uninstall and re install the program, if that don't work then you should just install a new version.
>.> I'm the only guy here who prob uses After Effects to edit /)-(\

JohnKenShow

The YTTalk Godfather
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
Iv a passion for making fan made trailers, I love love the whole editing process and piecing footage together to create something new, but when it comes to save, man alive its the most stressful thing iv ever encountered, some Vegas just trolls me for no reason as it wont give me a reason to WHY its crashed, I wont post all the problems because I have to leave soon and wanna remain calm lol, but now and then I get it working.

Anyway, all I wanted to ask is are the later versions more stable, or should I change software altogether? What do some of you guys use to edit? Thanks for any feedback!
I use.. AVID, FCP and Adobe.. depending on the project...

ghostlyrich

Vagaterian
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
i would try try to repair the install as mentioned or it might be time to upgrade to newer version.

AreYouAwareBro

I check out your videos if you comment on mine!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Mine almost never crashes, if it does crash often copy ALL of your videos and clips, start a new project, and past them. It'll usually fix whatever corruption was occurring in the other project.