Been on YouTube for 2 years and growing slow! What do I do?

Jordan Levy

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Jordan Levy, and I am a singer/musician. I have been making YouTube videos for about 2 and a half years, and I only have 145 subscribers. I do every type of promotion I can think of. I use, all social media apps: facebook, google plus, etc. I have done collaborations, and am always looking for more. I tell everyone I know to share my videos, and use all of the YouTube tools available to me, but nothing really seems to be happening. My channel is growing extremely slow, can anybody help me out on what to do? Thanks.

Peter_Brown

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I share most of my videos on sites like Imgur, Reddit and other forums that have maker or DIY content. All of those posts require time to type up posts and reply to Sharing is a lot of work (more so given the nature of my content)

I don't think of Facebook, Twitter or Instagram as sharing. That's just alerting the audience you've built. Sharing is trying to tell folks who HAVEN'T found you yet, how to.

Jordan Levy

Reaction score
I share most of my videos on sites like Imgur, Reddit and other forums that have maker or DIY content. All of those posts require time to type up posts and reply to Sharing is a lot of work (more so given the nature of my content)

I don't think of Facebook, Twitter or Instagram as sharing. That's just alerting the audience you've built. Sharing is trying to tell folks who HAVEN'T found you yet, how to.
I checked out your channel, and you have great videos! Any suggestions on where I should promote myself to gain exposure?

Peter_Brown

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I really enjoyed your Heathens cover. You have a lovely voice, you just need some exposure.

I love reddit. Have you been to r/coversongs/ or /r/ICoveredASong/ ? Both look like active subs[DOUBLEPOST=1478647752,1478647484][/DOUBLEPOST]I'd also post some video clips on Instagram. 10 -15-second video clips then sending folks to your youtube "here's a clip from my recent video check out my bio for the video link.

Looks like you've got a following there, but nothing directing people to your YouTube channel

Jordan Levy

Reaction score
I really enjoyed your Heathens cover. You have a lovely voice, you just need some exposure.

I love reddit. Have you been to r/coversongs/ or /r/ICoveredASong/ ? Both look like active subs[DOUBLEPOST=1478647752,1478647484][/DOUBLEPOST]I'd also post some video clips on Instagram. 10 -15-second video clips then sending folks to your youtube "here's a clip from my recent video check out my bio for the video link.

Looks like you've got a following there, but nothing directing people to your YouTube channel
I will definitely start doing that in Instagram, that is a good tip, and I will try Reddit as well, thanks again.

Reactions: Peter_Brown

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
I'm not sure how you would go about using thumbnails as a musician but I would look at others and see how they do it to create a more eye catching thumbnail. Also put more effort into your banner as much as you can. Other than that successful tagging is what seems like works. Best of luck :)

luckee

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
You're a singer, wow! That's awesome. Why don't you try to cover one of the popular song that everybody wants to hear. I saw someone doing this that she only choose one of the popular song to sing just to get viewers attention and it seems effective, so why not try to go with the trend. If the song is not popular or trending, how can someone search for that music?

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the channel review / feedback forum for you. =)