Be Honest

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Most of us are smaller 'Tubers with under 1,000 subs and under 500,000 overall views.

We all want our videos to succeed but the fact of the matter is, it won't happen to 99.9% of us. Doesn't matter the reason, only a very small percentage of people here will do 'well' (in the sense of gaining more than 1,000 subscribers and 500,000 views)

If someone who somehow knew came and told you that your channel would only ever gain another 100 subscribers and cease growing permanently, would you keep going? Would you stop?

I am curious; almost everyone I've ever spoken to here claims they do their vids not for fame, but for the love of it. But how much would you really have to love your channel to make videos if people stop watching?

GafferGames

YTTalk's Local Sloth
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
I'd probably do it for as long as I found it fun, for example recently I've enjoyed just playing games on their own, rather than videos, but hopefully I'll get back into it!

Reactions: Stef and Vicboss

Chance C

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Other
Well i kinda agree on that, I produce videos because i want to show a different side of gaming somewhat, and the funny side, when im on xbox with my friends they say i am pretty funny, so they really gave me the courage to make a youtube account, famous or not, (but hopefully want to be famous) I will make videos!

JosPlays

Just being AWESOME
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If I can get over 1000 subs and over 1.000.000 views just by posting gameplay videos than you can get 1000 subs and over 1.000.000 views for sure. It just need some time. Enjoy making videos and don't worry about the views/subs. People will watch it when you enjoy making the videos. I would never use someone for a shoutout. I will just continue making video even if nobody watches it anymore.

Reactions: CatsRants

Bluebear

Loving Bear
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'd like to think i'd keep going but i think reality would consume me. By that i mean reality would be better then making videos noone watches. I mean it's kind of like making art do you want 5 people or 500000 people to see what you have created and if it's only 5 and noone cares but you why continue? But i think continuing even with noone watching may bring some joy for a little while but the n might just turn into a chore. But this is all just my opinion lol :3

Reactions: Symph and CatsRants

Titus

Guy who makes videos
Reaction score
I would keep going , I've made videos on and off for nearly 3 years 99% without having anything monitized ( only did that recently)

I find it fun making,editing and seeing what people think, if people didn't subscribe, if people didn't watch my videos? well that would suck but I would keep going

making videos is a hobby, I enjoy it.

Reactions: Bluebear

CatsRants

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Ranter
I think I'd stop. As much as I love making videos, I love watching my channel grow ad knowing other people enjoy my videos! Every time I get a nice comment or a new subscriber, it motivates me to keep going. Without that motivation I think I'd give up!

RedCrossRising

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think it wouldn't effect me at first, but eventually it would all begin to sink in. As bluebear said, yes you create things for your enjoyment, but the satisfaction of others appreciating what you've done is what makes it all worth while. All in all, I would continue producing content until I simply found it to be nothing more than mere chore. At that point I'd just have to face the facts and stop.

Reactions: unknown_user0032

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I think I'd stop. As much as I love making videos, I love watching my channel grow ad knowing other people enjoy my videos! Every time I get a nice comment or a new subscriber, it motivates me to keep going. Without that motivation I think I'd give up!

I think this is my take as well. I am not even monetised, and have never been in it for fame/money but I think we'd all be lying if we said that we don't care about getting views. If that were the case we'd make the videos and keep them private.

Vincent the Watermelon

Life is awesome!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Vlogger, Gamer
Well as long as I at least have a small group that wants my videos, I will continue to make more. If everybody stopped watching, I'd probably stop eventually.

Reactions: Symph