Be Careful what you do online

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks, I'll take a look at that :)[DOUBLEPOST=1510683744,1510683574][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks again, fixed it now.

Leo Hashee

The Asian dude
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I REALLY dislike the lack of PRIVACY these days. Just by knowing my name someone can EASILY find out where I live. This is NOT ok with me. I had a stalker few years back and let me tell you... it was scary! The police weren't able to do anything. I have NO idea who the stalker even was!

Next time I move I will set it up so the house I buy will NOT be under my name but rather an alias... same applies to my phone bills and all other bills etc.
Well damn, that's gotta be terrifying...Sorry to hear about this

Casey Neistat uses his real name and everything turned out well for him.

Another option is that you can legally change your name. Might be easier than moving a channel and restarting!

But seriously, sorry if anyone is going through this.
True, true, but I'm not Casey Neistat lmao and at this point I don't really see myself succeeding on this platform, I do it more for fun at this point so personally I think it's just easier to keep these lives separate.

I agree on this aswell. using your real name shouldn't be a bad thing if your youtube videos aren't racist, sexist, include nudity or whatever .. As many popular youtubers have shown in the past, it's possible.
However, it isn't easy to change your name legally around the world.
Thanks for the comment on my video! :) But yeah, it's definitely possible, but personally I know I make some jokes that might just be considered offensive by some, and although I'm not too worried about that part, I just don't want them affecting my actual life, and I'm at a point where I do have to be careful

Starting again isn't always a bad thing. You already know how to do things so you shouldn't make the same mistakes as last time.
This is a new channel for me after closing down my original channel after making a bad partnership decision but i can measure the growth against my original channel so at least I have a point of reference as to whether things are going ok or not.
Yeah, definitely agree with this.

Reactions: Firefang

HC.SameerPatil

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Lmao the title sounds like something extremely horrible happened, which isn't really the case.

I'm just feeling kind of demotivated right now, I guess. I had to completely restart my channel because "high school freshman me" decided to be real smart and use my real name for my channel link, which is now permanent. So yeah. I realized I'm going to have to apply to jobs in the future and such, and I'd rather not screw that up.

That being said, it kinda sucks. Like, I totally forgot how to start a Youtube channel from scratch. So I guess I'm back here again?

Anyone else have this feeling?

Hey Leo, I totally understand how you feel because I'm currently going through that with my channel as I am still figuring out how to move forward. I think it all comes down to you figuring out how much you want to do this Youtube thing and if your passion for it means more than anything else then just go for it. I think you are overthinking with future job prospects because if you are providing value in your content and making other people's lives better then it will only be seen as a good thing.

I'm not going to sugar coat it, starting a channel is hard but you have to keep the end goal in mind at all times. Put out good content, optimise your thumbnails and figure out how to do SEO so your videos get ranked higher. With good content and more eyes seeing your stuff the only way for you is up. Start off by making a video on what your channel is based on and who you are and from there pump out good content.

Patience, hard work, being geniune, providing value, staying motivated and paying it forward is the best to go about starting off on youtube (from my point of view at least). I hope this helped you and got you pumped up. I'm all ears for a chat anytime. Good Luck, I look forward to seeing you put out content and growing :thumbsup2:

Reactions: Leo Hashee

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
What does having a job have to do with your channel? Are you going to be posting morally questionable and/or illegal content? If not, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Leo Hashee

The Asian dude
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hey Leo, I totally understand how you feel because I'm currently going through that with my channel as I am still figuring out how to move forward. I think it all comes down to you figuring out how much you want to do this Youtube thing and if your passion for it means more than anything else then just go for it. I think you are overthinking with future job prospects because if you are providing value in your content and making other people's lives better then it will only be seen as a good thing.

I'm not going to sugar coat it, starting a channel is hard but you have to keep the end goal in mind at all times. Put out good content, optimise your thumbnails and figure out how to do SEO so your videos get ranked higher. With good content and more eyes seeing your stuff the only way for you is up. Start off by making a video on what your channel is based on and who you are and from there pump out good content.

Patience, hard work, being geniune, providing value, staying motivated and paying it forward is the best to go about starting off on youtube (from my point of view at least). I hope this helped you and got you pumped up. I'm all ears for a chat anytime. Good Luck, I look forward to seeing you put out content and growing :thumbsup2:
Hey, thanks man! It's a struggle, but honestly I'm starting to kinda like this new start. I kinda wanted to create separate identities for my real life and my youtube.

What does having a job have to do with your channel? Are you going to be posting morally questionable and/or illegal content? If not, I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Nah, I know I'm prob overthinking this whole thing but I'd rather not risk things happen in the future. My stuff isn't morally questionable or illegal, but it's pretty inappropriate at times and extremely unprofessional

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey, thanks man! It's a struggle, but honestly I'm starting to kinda like this new start. I kinda wanted to create separate identities for my real life and my youtube.
Nah, I know I'm prob overthinking this whole thing but I'd rather not risk things happen in the future. My stuff isn't morally questionable or illegal, but it's pretty inappropriate at times and extremely unprofessional
I think you are being sensible. I read recently here on this forum a few weeks ago that a forum member was asked for their channel to be terminated by their employer as they found their channel. I dont really understand why but its a risk not worth taking in my opinion.

I prefer to keep all my channels secretive so not to affect anything I do in my 'normal' life.

Reactions: Leo Hashee

Leo Hashee

The Asian dude
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I think you are being sensible. I read recently here on this forum a few weeks ago that a forum member was asked for their channel to be terminated by their employer as they found their channel. I dont really understand why but its a risk not worth taking in my opinion.

I prefer to keep all my channels secretive so not to affect anything I do in my 'normal' life.
Damnnn alright, yeah I'm kinda glad I restarted now...

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Damnnn alright, yeah I'm kinda glad I restarted now...
I found the thread - I cant add links so type in the search bar at the top right of the forum and have a read - employers-discovered-my-channel

Leo Hashee

The Asian dude
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I found the thread - I cant add links so type in the search bar at the top right of the forum and have a read - employers-discovered-my-channel
Yeah, I took a look at it. Apparently you can't legally get fired for this stuff, with some exceptions, but I don't even have a job to get fired from yet lmao