Be Careful what you do online

Leo Hashee

The Asian dude
Reaction score
Channel Type
  1. Comedian
Lmao the title sounds like something extremely horrible happened, which isn't really the case.

I'm just feeling kind of demotivated right now, I guess. I had to completely restart my channel because "high school freshman me" decided to be real smart and use my real name for my channel link, which is now permanent. So yeah. I realized I'm going to have to apply to jobs in the future and such, and I'd rather not screw that up.

That being said, it kinda sucks. Like, I totally forgot how to start a Youtube channel from scratch. So I guess I'm back here again?

Anyone else have this feeling?

Esther

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
  1. Youtuber
not really. i use my real name, so let see how things go lol

Reactions: zhkopec

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
I REALLY dislike the lack of PRIVACY these days. Just by knowing my name someone can EASILY find out where I live. This is NOT ok with me. I had a stalker few years back and let me tell you... it was scary! The police weren't able to do anything. I have NO idea who the stalker even was!

Next time I move I will set it up so the house I buy will NOT be under my name but rather an alias... same applies to my phone bills and all other bills etc.

Firefang

// Weekly gaming related content //
Reaction score
Channel Type
  1. Youtuber
I had to restart my channel aswell, but I'm still working on branding and general video ideas. Still loads of work to do. I checked out yours, your content is really enjoyable

Reactions: Leo Hashee

Esther

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
  1. Youtuber
I REALLY dislike the lack of PRIVACY these days. Just by knowing my name someone can EASILY find out where I live. This is NOT ok with me. I had a stalker few years back and let me tell you... it was scary! The police weren't able to do anything. I have NO idea who the stalker even was!

Next time I move I will set it up so the house I buy will NOT be under my name but rather an alias... same applies to my phone bills and all other bills etc.

That sound scary!

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
That sound scary!

It was a peeping tom... at night I kept noticing a shadow near my bedroom window and my dog would be growling and agitated (some creepy man kept peeping through the sides of my vertical blinds late at night!). This happened many times and finally I got a glimpse of this HUGE man (He had big muddy foot prints leading straight to my bedroom window) with a beard and he ran off lighting fast. I called 911. The police came and chased him but the cop couldn't catch him. The man ran into a canal and disappeared. I ended up putting masking tape on all of my windows to cover the gaps and I bought some mace LOL

I now live in a condo on the 2nd floor where I feel much safer but it's a huge risk lacking privacy. There are too many wackos out there! Dogs are INCREDIBLE though... they can hear EVERYTHING!! My dog warned me every time he was near my bedroom window!

Last edited:

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
  1. Youtuber
Casey Neistat uses his real name and everything turned out well for him.

Another option is that you can legally change your name. Might be easier than moving a channel and restarting!

But seriously, sorry if anyone is going through this.

Firefang

Reaction score
Channel Type
  1. Youtuber
Casey Neistat uses his real name and everything turned out well for him.

Another option is that you can legally change your name. Might be easier than moving a channel and restarting!

But seriously, sorry if anyone is going through this.

I agree on this aswell. using your real name shouldn't be a bad thing if your youtube videos aren't racist, sexist, include nudity or whatever .. As many popular youtubers have shown in the past, it's possible.
However, it isn't easy to change your name legally around the world.

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
  1. Youtuber
Starting again isn't always a bad thing. You already know how to do things so you shouldn't make the same mistakes as last time.
This is a new channel for me after closing down my original channel after making a bad partnership decision but i can measure the growth against my original channel so at least I have a point of reference as to whether things are going ok or not.

Reactions: Leo Hashee

Firefang

Reaction score
Channel Type
  1. Youtuber
Starting again isn't always a bad thing. You already know how to do things so you shouldn't make the same mistakes as last time.
This is a new channel for me after closing down my original channel after making a bad partnership decision but i can measure the growth against my original channel so at least I have a point of reference as to whether things are going ok or not.

It's nice to have a point of reference. If you're a newcomer, there's nothing you can compare your statistics to to see if you're 'doing fine'. By the way, take a look at the link under your post, it doesn't seem to be working. You might've to change some settings on your yttalk account page. I tried clicking on the button but it didnt take me to your channel.