Gaming Battlefield 4 Oceania

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Right now it's looking to be semi-annual. If they can add another years' break between the games, it'll be perfect. The games'll then actually be different from the last. :)
Yep. I think they are trying to compete with Activision though, which is sad because EA have a lot more potential to do better (especially since most of the original IW team left), bar the fact they can treat their consumers like crap sometimes. lol

kkushalbeatzz

The original, diabolical, kkushalbeatzz
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yep. I think they are trying to compete with Activision though, which is sad because EA have a lot more potential to do better (especially since most of the original IW team left), bar the fact they can treat their consumers like crap sometimes. lol
EA has more than one big franchise though. I think they can easily make more than Activision, as they have also ventured into the iOS market. They have a bunch of AAA games and the freemium games for Android and iPhone. Hopefully they do a lot better than Activision, seeing as they actually innovate.

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
EA has more than one big franchise though. I think they can easily make more than Activision, as they have also ventured into the iOS market. They have a bunch of AAA games and the freemium games for Android and iPhone. Hopefully they do a lot better than Activision, seeing as they actually innovate.
That's true, I remember the days when Activision published great games. They used to be refered to as "Activision's Most Wanted" and they really were games people wanted. I'll wait and see how BF4, I might get it at somepoint, currently it's really the only military FPS worth buying.

kkushalbeatzz

The original, diabolical, kkushalbeatzz
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's true, I remember the days when Activision published great games. They used to be refered to as "Activision's Most Wanted" and they really were games people wanted. I'll wait and see how BF4, I might get it at somepoint, currently it's really the only military FPS worth buying.
Yeah, I was looking at getting ARMA 3, but that just turned out to be a disappointment. I'm currently playing the Operation Flashpoint games, which is a decent enough singleplayer to be played if you can find it cheap, which it most definitely is. There's a bunch of Free to Play shooters that I'll probably be checking out due to a lack of good shooters.

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah, I was looking at getting ARMA 3, but that just turned out to be a disappointment. I'm currently playing the Operation Flashpoint games, which is a decent enough singleplayer to be played if you can find it cheap, which it most definitely is. There's a bunch of Free to Play shooters that I'll probably be checking out due to a lack of good shooters.
Yeah, Arma wasn't really my thing, I really like what they were trying to do, but the gameplay still felt pretty flimsy at times, too much simulation not enough fun. I tried Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising or whatever it's called haha, years ago (torrented) and never wanted to try it again. It was actually better than Arma though because they didn't go too far into simulation, they almost had the balance right. I plan on trying Takedown: Red Sabre at somepoint, it looks like they've pulled off something different for the FPS genre, it's a cheap game too.

ImperatorRZ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah, Arma wasn't really my thing, I really like what they were trying to do, but the gameplay still felt pretty flimsy at times, too much simulation not enough fun. I tried Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising or whatever it's called haha, years ago (torrented) and never wanted to try it again. It was actually better than Arma though because they didn't go too far into simulation, they almost had the balance right. I plan on trying Takedown: Red Sabre at somepoint, it looks like they've pulled off something different for the FPS genre, it's a cheap game too.
Well it was trying to sell itself as a military simulation rather than an action title. That really didn't work for single player though and even though I put a few hundred hours into it I never completed more than a couple of chapters in the campaign. There were some pretty great stuff though either breaking the simulation or using it to make it quite interesting and with some action.
1. DayZ...obviously. Lot of people got into it even though I was playing Arma 2 years before it and it seems like most of the 'vets' hated DayZ
2. Custom modes with a few friends. There were some pretty interesting custom maps which just a small amount of guys can do.
3. Mass organised online clan battles. If you haven't noticed a trend yet, all of these are multiplayer. When you have a large amount of guys doing organised events it is really cool. Yes, they take it seriously (some clans very seriously) but look up ShackTactical online sometime and you'll see what I mean. (Really love CHKillroy as a youtuber). All military language and procedures.
4. Benny's Warfare. This should go under custom modes but I really had to point this one out. If you don't have many friends this can be played with just yourself or maybe one other player. It turns the game into an RTS and you can opt to be the commander. If you're not, you are a squad leader and buy tanks, infantry or whatever for your squad. A friend and I had great fun just both of us being commanders and ordering the AI around though it is obviously better with more humans. Haven't convinced you? You can unlock a nuke after a few hours..

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Well it was trying to sell itself as a military simulation rather than an action title. That really didn't work for single player though and even though I put a few hundred hours into it I never completed more than a couple of chapters in the campaign. There were some pretty great stuff though either breaking the simulation or using it to make it quite interesting and with some action.
1. DayZ...obviously. Lot of people got into it even though I was playing Arma 2 years before it and it seems like most of the 'vets' hated DayZ
2. Custom modes with a few friends. There were some pretty interesting custom maps which just a small amount of guys can do.
3. Mass organised online clan battles. If you haven't noticed a trend yet, all of these are multiplayer. When you have a large amount of guys doing organised events it is really cool. Yes, they take it seriously (some clans very seriously) but look up ShackTactical online sometime and you'll see what I mean. (Really love CHKillroy as a youtuber). All military language and procedures.
4. Benny's Warfare. This should go under custom modes but I really had to point this one out. If you don't have many friends this can be played with just yourself or maybe one other player. It turns the game into an RTS and you can opt to be the commander. If you're not, you are a squad leader and buy tanks, infantry or whatever for your squad. A friend and I had great fun just both of us being commanders and ordering the AI around though it is obviously better with more humans. Haven't convinced you? You can unlock a nuke after a few hours..
xD I had my fair share of nuking people in Empire Earth and Supreme Commander, nuking friends by "accident" was fun xD lol