Basic Filming Gear (Help needed)

Rieverze

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hello Fam!

As of right now I want to make sure I am going to have the right gear in the future. So I kind of want to make a list with gear so I can have optimal equipment. Ofcourse I will look up the prices later, I just want to make sure I don't miss out on this little thing that can improve my videos! What I am looking for right now is some quality video material/vlog material.

I am currently using:

-Canon 700D + 18-55mm f/3.4
-16GB SD
-1 Battery
-Bacpack (With space for multiple lenses)

Now, this is what I have currently. What this goal is of this topic is to fill up my "To-Do list" for my gear. And I wanted to ask the help of you guys! I put in a couple of things and be my guest to help me fill it up. Also if you have some good quality budget gear feel free to link the item in here.
I am based in Europe though so you can also mention the product.

-Multiple SD Cards (64GB+)
-More batteries
-

Spook

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It really depends on what you plan on filming, although I wish I had your zoom lens!

I'm not sure how familiar you are with video/audio equipment as a whole so I'll just dive right in! (Let me know if you have any questions!)

I recommend:

- 3 Axis Gimbal for very smooth handheld shots (With a cheap monitor to mount on the gimbal) (Usually around $1000)
- Tripod (Usually around $100-$200 for a strong one, keep that dslr safe!)
- Make sure your SD cards are 100mb transfer rates incase you ever decide to shoot in 4k (Usually around $30)
- Audio equipment such as a rhode shotgun microphone with a Tascam to power and record onto (It has 2 xlr inputs!) ($100-$200)
- A prime lens (I use 25mm but lenses around 55mm would work too as this is as close to the human eye a lens can get! Although it would not offer zoom, instead it would be very sharp and crisp!) ($200)
- XLR cables ($20)
- Lighting equipment with a light diffuser screen ($various)

Those are some good starting places off of the top of my head!

- Good Luck!

Reactions: Rieverze