Banner upload error

Starfox

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys,

Its been 3 years since i updated my banner so i wanted to do this today but none of the pictures i attempt to upload work. I understand the dimensions are supposed to be 2560 x 1440px, is this still the same? because i get an error that says ''there was an upload error. Make sure to upload a JPG, GIF, or PNG file and try again''

I have tried to use a JPG, or PNG with those dimensions. I thought it might be my browser or browser settings so i tried different browsers and gave the relevant ones youtube permissions exceptions. I even used websites that help you create youtube banners with the correct dimensions but the resulting pictures also fail to upload so I am at a loss really :/

Whats wrong?

Thanks

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Did you make the banner? In addition did you add any fluff to the banner to make it fit?

What i mean is take our banner for example, it has 2 big boxes at the top which you will only see if you're on a TV which ensure it works for PC.

Starfox

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Did you make the banner? In addition did you add any fluff to the banner to make it fit?

What i mean is take our banner for example, it has 2 big boxes at the top which you will only see if you're on a TV which ensure it works for PC.
I chose exactly 2560 x 1440px and i tried a number of different pics even a plain black picture

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
The file size might be too big. There's a max of 6 MB, which isn't a whole lot for a picture that size. However, if it doesn't even upload a plain color picture, it might be a bug.

Starfox

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The file size might be too big. There's a max of 6 MB, which isn't a whole lot for a picture that size. However, if it doesn't even upload a plain color picture, it might be a bug.
Its only 1.3MB, and if its a bug why is it happening with different pictures I try or different browsers? Its doing my head in haha

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Its only 1.3MB, and if its a bug why is it happening with different pictures I try or different browsers? Its doing my head in haha
Send me an Email - Digiboxbuisness@gmail.com I'll see if it's a You issue or an issue with the image. :)

If that doesn't work we could try and resize it for you see if that works.