banner and thumb nails

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Hey all, was wondering if someone can be kind enough to help me out on what they use to make very nice banners and thumbnails and removing background images?

I also seen where they are able to add highlight around an image. what software does that. if its affordable, dont mind spending it

I do everything in Inkscape,it is open source(free) software.
I am so much in love with it,that I am making video about promoting it!

I recommend you to try it.

Also check out gimp - It's free software that is a decent alternative to Photoshop. There is a bit of a learning curve to it but it's worth it. To find tutorials, just search by whatever you're trying to do and add "gimp" to the search query.

Example search: "How to highlight around an image in gimp"

Gimp has lots of users so you'll usually find some help online. :)

Just a question though: why would anyone want alternatives to Photoshop ? I'm just curious. I realize you have to pay a bit of money to get it, but it's not like there's any doubt as to whether it'll help you in the long (and short) run. You don't even need to be good at it or good with computers to immediately grasp the basic principles of the program, and there are tonnnnns of tutorials online so without any skill or knowledge you'll be able to make pro looking stuff if you just follow a 10min tutorial step by step.

Back