Banned for watching own videos?

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Titles and descriptions are not protected (unless they contain your trademarked name), you are correct. Photos in thumbnails and screen captures from inside your videos (if they contain you original artwork or photos) are protected under Copyright. You can DMCA takedowns for those as well. I have done several dozen takedowns already for stolen thumbnails over the last year, every one of them has been taken down. So Yt does enforce copyright for thumbnails (with original photos in them you have the rights to).
Thank you. I may try that, next time when I see a video with thumbnails or screengrabs from my videos. Usually these videos were in the thousands (generated by some software I guess), that I pretty much gave up caring about them and continued to work on my new videos.
If you want to protect against others using your channel name in their titles and descriptions, register it with the USPTO. Once you have the "R" issued, you should be able to enforce unauthorised use of your trademark.
I am in EU, but I see the European Union has similar service. I can use this when I grow bigger.
I wanted to enter contentID to protect against reuploaders, but YouTube said I am too small, so I work on growing.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you. I may try that, next time when I see a video with thumbnails or screengrabs from my videos. Usually these videos were in the thousands (generated by some software I guess), that I pretty much gave up caring about them and continued to work on my new videos.

I am in EU, but I see the European Union has similar service. I can use this when I grow bigger.
I wanted to enter contentID to protect against reuploaders, but YouTube said I am too small, so I work on growing.
You can register in the USPTO anyways. I'm not in the US, but have registered trademarks in the US. US gives the best protection, you can do EU as well.