Bad video quality after uploading on YouTube

Avanis

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello there, I have some trouble with my recorded gameplay, after uploading it on YouTube, after rendering my gameplay, the video is clean and cool, when I upload the footage on YouTube, it gets very pixelated and kinda bad quality for 1080p. I use Sony Vegas to render/edit and I upload directly to YouTube.

I tried other rendering settings but no difference, I also disabled resample.

Here are my rendering settings:

Original quality after rendering:

On YouTube:

I tried uploading directly to YouTube after recording, still the same problem, any way to fix this?

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the video editing, recording, software and hardware discussion forum. =)

Reactions: Avanis

just Moto

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Are you giving the video enough time to be processed before watching it on YouTube. Even if it says 1080p in the bottom right corner, it could still be processing on their end.

Avanis

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Are you giving the video enough time to be processed before watching it on YouTube. Even if it says 1080p in the bottom right corner, it could still be processing on their end.
Yup, for days.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
The youtube version is never going to look as good as your original because Youtube is going to compress it and may auto-throttle (down) the resolution based on your internet connection quality, prevailing interweb conditions, phase of the moon, etc..
All that said, I can't see any discernible difference in the two images you posted.

Reactions: SKT and Avanis

Avanis

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The youtube version is never going to look as good as your original because Youtube is going to compress it and may auto-throttle (down) the resolution based on your internet connection quality, prevailing interweb conditions, phase of the moon, etc..
All that said, I can't see any discernible difference in the two images you posted.
There's a big difference between the two images, if you focus on the road details etc.

I have watched other videos of the same game, 1080p, way better than mine.
And by the way, I use custom resolution to record videos using Nvidia, I originally have 1440x900, but I use the custom resolution 1920x1080, I don't think that's an issue since the video looks okay, I guess.

Last edited:

SKT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I agree, YouTube quality is never the same as the original.