Background suggestions

TimBarnumComedy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Right now my background is the same one I use on my website — my twitter name tiled. You can't even see it. What is an effective way to make a background? I noticed that a lot of people use the vertical words on either side, sometimes a photo on one side. What size should the background be if I do something like that?

By the way, I'm a BOSS with Photoshop, so I can figure out how to make a better background. Just need a little guidance. Thanks brothers and sisters of yttalk. :)

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would go for around 1920 x 1080 for its size, have a gradient at the bottom too that fades to a solid colour you can use for the background colour settings on YouTube. I would try and keep all side text so its visible on smaller monitors if you can keep it not too big then it should work fine, pictures arent too bad if they get cut off on smaller monitors.

TimBarnumComedy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I would go for around 1920 x 1080 for its size, have a gradient at the bottom too that fades to a solid colour you can use for the background colour settings on YouTube. I would try and keep all side text so its visible on smaller monitors if you can keep it not too big then it should work fine, pictures arent too bad if they get cut off on smaller monitors.
Gracias. Any suggestions on font size for the side text?

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Heres an example, this ones width is 2000px however:

helloworld.jpg

TimBarnumComedy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
OK, about how big is that middle block where my channel will show up? Sorry about all the questions. I'm at work, though, what else am I supposed to do ... work?

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The width of that one for the middle section is around 970-972px, the hardest part is getting the rounded corner precise so its the same as the one on YouTube, I cant remember how many pixels it was but it was around 4-6px I think.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
An easy thing you could do is forget the middle, just design what you want trying not to get too much within 970px in the middle of it :D