Background noise or silence ?

Josh Woodward is good too. I tried to put the link up for you, but yttalk won't let me.

He asks that "you need to provide attribution. Somewhere, visible to anyone who will see your work, mention my name and the song title in the credits, along with a link to my website URL:
Josh's website which yttalk won't let me post "​
He also has instrumental versions of all his songs which I like. But even when using his music, Youtube will randomly deny about 1/5 of my videos for monetisation. Then I appeal it and usually they allow it. Others sit there for months upon months with no reply and no monetisation. I've used the same song in different videos and had them approved immediately in one, and never in another. I can't understand youtube's inconsistency on so many issues.​

Wow sorry about the notices, that sucks. YouTube can be a pain in the a**e.

But check out this video for more music sources.

Thank You, I've added this video to my favourites :)

Josh Woodward is good too. I tried to put the link up for you, but yttalk won't let me.

He asks that "you need to provide attribution. Somewhere, visible to anyone who will see your work, mention my name and the song title in the credits, along with a link to my website URL:
Josh's website which yttalk won't let me post "​
He also has instrumental versions of all his songs which I like. But even when using his music, Youtube will randomly deny about 1/5 of my videos for monetisation. Then I appeal it and usually they allow it. Others sit there for months upon months with no reply and no monetisation. I've used the same song in different videos and had them approved immediately in one, and never in another. I can't understand youtube's inconsistency on so many issues.​

It's so strange, I would have thought either a song is 'allowed' or 'not allowed' and not dependent on the random mood of YouTube on a particular day :s

First, I would recommend getting a windscreen for your mic. Other than that, the original sounds can be combined with music. You might also try mixing sounds from various times in the day. On the ocean video, for example, you could capture the video at sunset and grab the audio at dawn, when there are fewer people on the beach.

First, I would recommend getting a windscreen for your mic. Other than that, the original sounds can be combined with music. You might also try mixing sounds from various times in the day. On the ocean video, for example, you could capture the video at sunset and grab the audio at dawn, when there are fewer people on the beach.

Oh thanks for the tip I hadn't even thought about switching the audio over from other parts of the day :)

Ever tried Kevin McLeod of incompetech.com? I use his music for my videos.
I think this is probably the best call, Kevin McLeod is so well known now for creating royalty-free music that there are major YouTube networks who tell their peeps to use his music on their videos. To me this suggests that he's gotten an excellent reputation for following the letter of the license he's giving people. I am very happy with him for that.

Back